Im Sorry

Hey just wanna say the mystery person is indeed the relative of the wolf which Reth killed. Hope that helps explain, I will not say if the mystery person is a girl or guy so keep and open mind.

Layla's POV:

I was packing my suitcase numbly, Reth hadn't really explained anything he just told me to start packing. He was getting more and more distant and I was getting lonely, was that selfish? We decided we'd see the elders a couple days ago so I thought we'd be okay, but we're not! I miss his touch, his stupid brother messed everything up! Does this 'moon goddess' not want me to be happy, don't I have that right? I've been able to live with the dulling pain now, but I can't say it's comfortable.

After I'm done I walk into Reth office, it used to be his uncles but until we can get this sorted out he uses it. Not like anyone complained, they treat him like alpha even though he refused.

"I've finished packing."

Holding my hands together in front of me hitting my legs with every step. He was buried in paper work and books, his collared shirt was all messed up and his hair looked like he ran his fingers through 1000 times. Walking over I start to straighten his collar, I guess you could say I was like a wife helping her stressed out husband with his tie.

Sighing heavily he leans into my hand I placed against his cheek, "you must be tired you should take a break, I haven't spent time with you lately."

"But we still don't know how to remove the mark." he mumbles annoyed.

"But you can stop, if only for a..."

I didn't even get to finish as his eyes snap open. "what, you don't want the mark removed?"

I didn't know what to say, the fact that he said it was like my father said he didn't love me. I hadn't realize how long I waited before he stood up angrily.

"I..." I was shocked at how hurt he looked, of course he would be upset I basically just said I wanted Damien's mark.

He didn't say anything he just started at the door, I reached for his hand but he nudged it away.

"Fine. You want his mark, fine by me." He continued to walk.

"No, I don't want it I only want yours! I'm sorry, I'm sorry! you don't have to stop researching for me!" I hadn't realized how much stress I had until I was crying.

I couldn't stand anymore, sinking down to my knees I covered my mouth with my hand and my other was holding me up. The word sorry kept leaving my mouth like a broken record. Reth leans down beside me touching my cheek, leaning into his touch I look at him through my teary lashes.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped. It's just painful to know my mate has been marked by another." pulling me into him he strokes my back like he was trying to calm and child who fell down.

I just continued to cry holding on to him as hard as I could, fearing he hates me like father did despite his calming words.