Through The Eyes of A Dog

Reths POV

I knew from the moment I laid eyes on her that she was my mate, I had to have her. But I wanted to wait, to be able to let her warm up to me. I'm a different kind of a werewolf, I can change my wolfs size at any moment. So I used this to my advantage and I acted as her dog. In my favor it works out nicely, that was until I saw some men from my former pact, no I didn't leave the pack I just kinda, disappeared. I wasn't planning to go back, how could I take Layla from her parents. It doesn't matter how much I hate her father, I could never hurt her my killing him.

I was brought out of my thoughts when she stopped. Dammit I got us lost! she mumbles something but I whine getting her attention. I know the way back just from the smell, but she just dismisses me.

"Don't worry Reth, I know which way to go!" I smile a wolfey smile, doesn't matter if she's wrong shes so cute!

She starts to walk the opposite way and I follow like a good dog. It feels like a while going in the wrong direction and I'm starting to wish I didn't listen to my clueless mate. She yawns a sexy yawn and curls up beside a tree, I follow after laying in her lap to keep her warm. I wait a while just to make sure she's asleep and I grow to my full huge wolf size. I curl up beside her and she snuggles unconsciously closer and I smile inwardly.

It seemed like hours before she stirred and woke up just as I returned to my smaller size.

"Good morning." she smiled.

I got up ready to lead the way this time but I smell that familiar scent, it was the same men we came across. I growl before taking off in their direction, I can't let them hurt her. She calls after me but with my speed she can't ketch up. I run until I see them all in wolf form.

'You again mutt.' one snarls through my mind link.

'I came to tell you to leave' I growl growing to my full size.

'Our alpha wants you to come back.' Another chimes in.

'My uncle can wait, tell him I've found my mate.' I state proudly.

They nod before taking off just as I hear footsteps hitting the ground at a fast pace. I shrink just in time to be pulled roughly into someone's arms. I was ready to attack when that lovely cherry blossom smell hit me hard.

"Don't you ever run from me again!" she demanded sounding a little hurt making my chest tighten.

I kiss her jut to reassure her, she smiles before letting me down. "let's go home."

I start to slowly head to the right direction making sure it doesn't look like I'm running away. She smiles before following, god I love her.