Chapter Forty-One

The Impala rolled up to Stull Cemetary just in time. It was high noon, and the fight was schedualed to start any second. Actually, Hope was surprised it hadn't. "Can you put some music on?", she asked Dean, wanting a distraction from what she was about to do. He silently picked a tape and slipped it in. The music blaring out the speakers, grabbing the attention of the two archangels. Dean stopped the car, not far from where Micheal and Lucifer stood. Micheal looked furious, while Lucifer just looked mildly amused. Hope climbed out of the car then, noticing they were stiff with dried blood, pulled off her trenchcoat and the black blazer. Leaving them both in the front seat of the car, before rolling up her white sleeves, splattered with dried blood so dark it was nearly black.

"Howdy boys", Dean said with a smirk, he was confident and cocky, he had nothing left to lose, "I'm sorry. Am I interupting something?"

"Hi Dad", Hope greeted, leaving the car to lean against the shiny black hood. The cemetary was a pathetic place, the grass was patchy, knee high in places and half-dead in others. Not many trees managed to straggle out of the unforgiving earth, the ones that did were bare and looked close to death. A hot breeze blew stiffly around the gravestones and crosses sticking out of the ground like broken teeth.

"I need to speak to you", Dean announced calmly.

Hope's father's mouth quirked up at the side, these Winchester's just didn't know when to quit, "Dean, even for you, this is a whole new mountain of stupid". It felt wrong. Seeing Lucifer in Sam's body, just... wrong. The way he moved, he spoke, he smiled, even the way he looked at Dean, were all wrong.

"He's not talking to you," Hope interjected, "He's talking to Sam".

"You're not the vessel anymore, Dean", Micheal barked, stepping in to the conversation with an expected ferosity, "You have no right to be here! And you," he looked at Hope pointedly, "Are an abomination".

"Hey!", Lucifer exclaimed, sounding suprisingly offended, "That's my daughter!"

"She, technically, is mine as well", Micheal pointed out. Dean watched them bicker, it all felt a little surreal to be honest. "Adam, if you're in there, I am so sorry".

"Adam isn't home right now", Micheal said cooly, turning away from Lucifer, who looked considerably more ruffled.

"Well then you're next on his list, buttercup. But we need five minutes with him", Hope retorted. Geez... were these archangels are always so self involved? Micheal took a step towards Hope,

"You little maggot, you're not a part of the story!", he raised a hand, to strike Hope, but was stopped.

"Hey, Assbutt!", Castiel yelled, and Micheal turned to stare. Within a second Castiel had thrown the flaming bottle he'd held at Micheal. It smashed, then the flames engulfed him. Micheal screamed for a few moments before disappearing.

"Assbutt?", Dean questioned, as always, focusing on the important details. Cas shrugged, staring at Hope he gave her a fleeting smile. She grinned back, Hope had known Cas wouldn't abandon her!

"He'll be back, and upset, but you've got your five minutes", he explained, looking a little worried.

"Castiel, did you just molotov my brother... with holy fire?", Lucifer asked, his rage barely contained.

Castiel now looked, extremly nervous, "Uh... no?". His eyes flicked to Hope, and she stared back fearfully.

"Nobody", Lucifer explained slowly, "shits with Micheal, but me", and with a quick smirk in Hope's direction, he snapped his fingers. Castiel exploded. Like, LITERALLY EXPLODED. Dark red blood splattered Bobby, who Hope vaguely noticed for the first time, as she stared numbly where Cas used to be. The crimson gore was sprayed across a couple of wooden crosses and the grass.