Chapter Thirty-Six

After a long time thinking about how exactly she was going to contact Castiel, Hope understood what she needed to do. She wasn't going to break her promise, so Hope was just going to have to go a different way about it. "Amy...", she asked smoothly, sliding onto the seat beside Amy. "How do you travel into peoples dreams?"

"I dunno", Amy growled, rubbing her face so hard it looked like she wanted to peel it off, "Do I look like an angel to you?"

"Awh... you could be", she teased the hungover demon, Hope wrapped her arms around Amy and a second later she was shrugged off. Amy no longer looked hungover and ill, she look perfectly fine actually,

"Thanks for working your angel mojo on me", she said, poking Hope between the eyes, "Could have done it a little sooner though".

"I didn't know I could".

"Huh", Amy said shrugging, "Anyway, if you want to do that travelling-in-dreams thing talk to your Father".

Hope rubbed her neck nervously, what she was planning wasn't technically going against her Father. Lucifer said she couldn't CALL the boys, he didn't say anything about hijacking their dreams. "Oh...", Amy said in realisation, "You little rebel! Good for you!... I still have no idea how it's done though, so I'm not much use". They were quiet for moment, each of them lost in thought. Well, Hope was, Amy was just wondering if now was the appropriate moment to ask for a burger. Hope was so intensely concentrated on trying to figure out how to do the dream-travel thing, so she could contact Dean, that she didn't even notice Amy sneak out and return fifteen minutes later with a burger. "It's all about concentration, right?", she asked through a mouthfull of greasy burger.

"Uhuh", Hope replied absently, still staring at the floor blankly. It wasn't like flying that seemed to come naturally, even if it was a little unreliable, this was like trying to ride a bike, when you didn't even know what a bike was or what a bike was supposed to do. So in other words, pretty freakin' impossible.

"What if..." Amy said, still chewing thoughtfully on a mouthfull of burger, "What if you just picked a time you know they'll be asleep, and concentrate really hard on them. Like go all zen and meditate and stuff?"

Hope thought about it, it could work... but the boys sleeping patterns were pretty messed up and she had no way of knowing when they'd be asleep. "Yeah... I suppose, but I'd have to do it really early in the morning, when they're most likely to be asleep".

Amy nodded, "What's the time?"

"Around eleven-am-ish. We've got a long time to wait".

•°•°•°•°

"I got your message", Castiel said, appearing at the address Sam had given him. "It was long, your message. I find the sound of your voice... grating". He stumbled a little, finding it difficult to walk on his wobbley legs.

"Are you okay?", Sam asked, "Wait. Are you... drunk?"

"No", Cas replied immediatly, but then realising it was pretty obvious he confessed, "Yes". He had accidentally gotten just a little too drunk.

Sam frowned, since when did angels get drunk? "What the Hell happened to you?", he asked, not entirely sure what he was supposed to do with a drunk angel. Castiel rolled his eyes,

"I found a liquor store".

"And...?", Sam prompted.

"And, I drank it", was Cas' only answer. "Why did you call me?", he asked Sam as he attempted to stumble across the room.

"Oh, easy there", Sam soothed, trying to steady him, "Are you okay?". Castiel motioned Sam closer, then when he was close enough,

"Don't ask stupid questions", he whispered. He pulled away and leaned against the counter of the motel room's kitchen, "Now, tell me what you need".