Chapter Twenty-Three

Hope turned the small grey book over in her hands. The soft book had once had delicate gold designs swirling across the cover, but now the gold had all faded leaving nothing but a dull shimmer where there once was brilliant shine. Castiel said God had left this, he said it contained a prophecy. Just one. Her's. Written in Enochian, the language of the angel's, Hope couldn't understand a thing, but that didn't stop her flicking through the thick, discoloured pages. Stained by years of dust and faded after centuries of sunlight, the pages turned quietly. What if he's right? She thought, what if she could bring peace? How though? How could a short, seventeen, nearly eighteen, year old girl with nothing but a prophecy, two hunter friends, angel mojo she didn't know how to use and a fallen angel without the juice to teach her, bring peace when Micheal the archangel and Lucifer himself wanted anything but that? It certainly sounded impossible to her, but as Castiel told them about it, he seemed so sure. So absolutly believing, that it was hard to doubt something he had so much faith in.

"Come on Hope!", Dean yelled, "We'll leave without you".

Closing the book gently she slid it into her backpack and crossed the room. "You wouldn't leave me", she said to the hunters already sitting in the car. It was true, in the last couple of months she had grown closer to the boys and had stuck with them even though, despite the brothers best efforts, she'd had several near death experiences.Hope streched out across the backseat and turned to ask the hunters settlinging for a long drive , "Where are we headed?"

"Some town up north. We found reports of people eating each other", Dean explained.

Hope screwed up her face, "Delightful", she said sarcastically as the shiny Impala pulled out of the driveway.

Several long hours later the Impala was more dusty than shiny. A fact that Dean felt the need to continuously point out, much to Hope's annoyance.

"Dean, if you mention your "baby" again I will hit you over the head with my notebook", she warned.

Dean snorted, "Nah, you're too soft for that. You'd just glare at me".

Hope shrugged, she had to admit he was probably right, but it was the thought that counted.

"How long until we get there?", she asked, trying to change the subject.

"Uh... about half an hour?", Sam said, looking at a cut-out from a local paper.

The car fell silent again and Dean slipped a cassette into the player, fiddling with the volume until it was sufficiently deafening.

Less than half an hour later they pulled up outside another motel,

"I'm going to look around", Sam said as he got out of the car stiffly.

"Aw! That means I'm going to have to unpack by myself! You know Dean won't help!", Hope whined childishly, but Sam was gone. Dean walked away to book a room and Hope suddenly felt very lonely. She felt left out, Sam and Dean had each other and even though fought often she knew they would do anything for the other, Castiel didn't have anyone, but that didn't seem to bother him. Anyway, the brothers had their hunts, Cas had his mission to help them and stop the apocalypse, but Hope had nothing. No job, no family, and nothing but a prophecy she felt she couldn't fufill.

Time slipped by and, she was so cought up in self pity, Hope didn't even notice Dean return.

"Earth to Hope!", he cried, the tone of his voice indicated he'd called her name several times already and was getting frustrated.

She looked up from the toes of her scuffed Converse,

"Mmm?", she replied vaguely.

Rolling his eyes, Dean grabbed a bag from the boot of the Impala,