Chapter Twelve

The car was warm, but Hope had the back window rolled down. The cold wind didn't bother her and she like the wind on her face. It was almost like flying.

"Hope", Dean said from the front seat, "Hope!".

"Yeah", she replied dreamily. She was half asleep and was happier to lay in silence than talk.

"Roll the window up"

"Why?", she asked.

Dean looked in the mirror at her, "Because it's cold".

But, Hope didn't feel cold. The wind slipped over her skin and through the faded t-shirt she had borrowed, but it wasn't cold at all.

"Fine", she sighed, rolling the window up reluctantly.

"So, Sam, where are we headed?"

Sam was still refusing to talk to Hope, so she decided she would talk to him. She had a feeling that it wasn't her he didn't like, but that she was going with them. Which, in her opinion, was better.

Six hours, and several stops for food, later the Impala rolled into the driveway of another run-down motel. Hope carried some heavy bags upstairs to their room, trying to show the boys she could be helpful. The one thing both Dean, and Sam, were argreeing on was that Hope couldn't go on any of the hunts with them. Which she thought was silly, when she left that tiny town and her tiny cabin she thought she was going on an adventure. But, so far she'd spent more time in motel rooms watching tv than anything else. So when Dean gave several rolled up notes and told her to get some clothes that fitted, she almost jumped for joy.

"Be careful okay?", he said as she skipped out the door.

Hope smiled back, her grey eyes sparkling with excitment, "Always".

Dean heard her laugh as she ran down the stairs and smirked quietly to himself. Who gets so excited about CLOTHES?

Meanwhile, Hope ran down the road, holding the too-big-jeans up with one hand and clutching the notes in the other. She reached the mall out off breath, but that didn't dampen her enthusiasm. As she walked through racks of jeans and shirts she saw something that cought her attention. It was a black coat with white angel wings stitched into the back. She slipped it on over her new dress and looked at herself in the mirror. The hem brushed her thighs softly and the coat fitted well, though the sleeves were too long. That didn't matter to Hope though. A sour looking sales person noticed Hope and walked over, "You gonna buy that?"

"I don't know. How much does it cost?".

"Twenty, cuz it's missin' the buttons, see?"

She counted her money and had just enough left, after getting jeans and shirts, to buy it. So she did.

Back at the motel Sam was arguing with Dean, "Because, now we've pulled her right in the middle of the Apocalypse Dean. She's not safe!"

Dean just sat at the table, spinning the cap from his beer, he knew Sam was right. But in the middle of the Apocalypse the safest place to be was with the two people who actually knew about it.