Chapter 16: Will she be okay?

Ezra wrapped his arms around Sabines limp body. He saw that she did in fact have a wound on her shoulder. All he could hope was that it was just a flesh wound.

By the looks of it, it was, although she was bleeding much too fast.

"Hera! Hera!!! Do you read me?!" Ezra frantically called Hera.

"Ezra! Are you alright? Is Sabine okay? We'll be there in a minute!" Hera said asking questions.

"Sabine-she-she got shot!" Ezra said choking back tears.

"She WHAT? We'll be right there!" Hera said, worried.

The Ghost arrived and attached the escape pod to the airlock. The others ran to get Sabine out of there as quickly as possible. They knew if she had a chance at surviving, that they needed to get her out of there now.

Ezra came out of the airlock, holding Sabine close, and trying to stop the bleeding.

"H-help her!" He choked out, handing her over to Kanan.

They rushed her into the medical bay.

And then they had to wait, while the medic droid tried to save her.

Everyone was worried, but Ezra was of course, affected the most. He waited outside the door, pacing and pacing. She had to be okay. She just had to. Ezra didn't know what he would do if he lost Sabine.

Who would he love? No one. If he lost Sabine then he vowed to love no one else. He vowed that she would be the only one he would ever embrace, kiss, or love.

She was his everything, his life, his day, his sunshine. He could not live without her. Literally. Ezra couldn't see himself living without her. He needed her. He needed her now.

Finally the medic droid came out.

"Is she okay?!" Ezra basically shouted at the droid.

"She is alive, but she is in a coma. Whether she wakes up or not-that's a different story." The droid said.

No..... this can't be happening Ezra thought. I need her-please Sabine. Make it though. Just...just wake up.

Ezra ran into the medical bay where Sabine was. He nearly went unconscious himself when he saw her in that state.

Pale, cold, and lifeless.

No longer the Artist of Hope that he had come to know. No longer the sunshine in the darkness. The voice of reason. The girl he loved. No longer teasing Ezra, no longer painting and happy, no longer busy trying to decide what color to dye her hair next. She was no longer the mandalorian rebel that Ezra had come to know. Here in this state she looked so fragile. So weak. Ezra could hardly take it.

He went over to her bedside and grasped her cold hand in his.

"Please be okay Sabine." Ezra sobbed, "Please...wake up."

Ezra laid his head down next to her. She was breathing of course (thankfully) but whether she would wake up-and when- was unknown.

That wasn't the first night of this.

Night after night, Ezra insisted on sleeping next to Sabine, just in case she woke up.

He ate next to her, he slept next to her, and if he ever had to leave, he'd make sure that one of the others were with her. Someone had to be at her side.

After the second month of Sabine being in a coma, the medical droid told the others, the horrible news.

Sabine wasn't going to wake up. Ever.

Ezra stood there blankly and said nothing.

One beat.

Two.

And then he went running to her room.

Bawling his eyes out, he cradled her in his arms.

The medic droid suggested taking her off life support.

Ezra couldn't bare the thought of it.

Hera came in, and told him they would be taking her off life support in the morning.

Ezra couldn't believe it.

She was dead.
His beautiful girl. Dead.

He refused to leave her side that night.

He couldn't. He just couldn't.

He fell asleep holding her hand that night.

That morning, just about 10 minutes before she was set to be taken off life support, he whispered "I'll always love you Sabine, and I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I couldn't protect you. I failed. I'll never forgive myself. I love you. I always have. I always will." As he spoke these words, tears ran down his face.

But they didn't just run down his face.

He felt tears coming from Sabines face.

He looked at her with big eyes.

She was crying.

Sabine was crying.

"S-Sabine?" He choked.

She opened her eyes.

"Ez-Ezra?" She asked weakly.

"SABINE!!!!!!!!!!" Ezra screamed.

Sabine looked startled, but smiled.

The others came running in to find Ezra crushing Sabine in a hug.

The medic droid was surprised she had woken up.

There was no medical reason for this.

Ezra refused to let go of Sabine all day. He refused. Just refused.

Sabine was in shock to find out that she had been in a coma for two months.

She was also shocked to find out how much Ezra had missed her.

He truly loved her.

Sabine finally, truly understood just how much she meant to Ezra.

Ezra told her all the things that he had said about her.

He told her everything. Every last word.

Sabine was crying tears of happiness.

Then she reached over, and pulled Ezra close.

"You know I love you Ezra Bridger." She said, looking him in the eye, and smiling.

"And you know I love you even more Sabine Wren." Ezra said, also looking her in the eye.

"Mhmm we'll see about that!" Sabine said laughing.

Hera and Kanan smiled and hugged, watching Sabine and Ezra so happy.

Chopper was busy arguing with Zeb over which ship name was better. #ezbine or #sabezra.

Ezra was about to go get food for Sabine, but she stopped him.

"Ezra. Wait." She said pulling him closer again.

"Yes-" he started to say.

He didn't need to say another word, as Sabine pulled him into a kiss.

Wow!!! This was a lot to write! Over 1000 words NOT including this authors note!!!! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I'm so proud of it!!! Please comment your thoughts! I love you all!!Please check out my Instagram @sabine_wren_rebels! Luv ya all! Mwah😘 ~Jade💜