Chapter 14: Go!

As the days went by, Ezra continued to improve. Sabine was by his side every day. She refused to leave it-she didn't even sleep in her own room.

One day, Sabine was with Ezra, as usual. Imperial ships were closing in. This wasn't something unusual-they were always fighting imperial ships. Usually Hera, Kanan, Zeb, and chopper could handle it.

This time however, it was bad.

The ships comm system turned on.

"Sabine!" Hera called, "We need you to fire the nose gun now! I can't get the hyper space with all this fire! Hurry!" Hera said frantically, and then ended the mic.

Sabine looked at Ezra "But-but I can't leave you!" She started.

"Go. I'll be fine. Just be careful!" He said and gave her a reassuring smile.

She nodded and went off.

Sabine was firing the nose gun when the comm went off again "abandon ship abandon ship!"

Sabine froze.

"What?!" She asked Hera, stunned.

"Did you hear me? We have to go now!" Hera shouted.

One word hit Sabines mind.

Ezra...

"Ezra!!!!" Sabine called out "I can't leave him Hera!" She ran toward to connecting door.

Jammed.

Tears flooded Sabines eyes.

"Ezra-Ezra! Are you okay?" Sabine asked, sobbing.

"G-go!" Ezra cried out. "Save yourself."

"No! I won't leave you Ezra." Sabine said, banging on the door.

"Sabine listen to me. The door is jammed and you need to go now. I-I love you." Ezra's voice cracked

"NO!!!" Sabine cried.

Hera came running over.

"We have to go!" She started pulling Sabine already.

Without thinking, Sabine pushed Hera back into the Ghost and shut the door. She pressed the detach buttons.

"Go. I'm staying with Ezra." Sabine said, shedding a tear.

Hera banged on the glass.

"Sabine-no!" Hera cried.

And then the ship detached.

Sabine stood outside Ezra's door crying.

Ezra began crying for Sabine to get to an escape pod before it was too late.

She wouldn't do it.

If Ezra was going to die, so was she....

Sorry for the short chapter! I had to end it like this, but I promise next chapter will be longer!!!! What do you all think? Like it? Thanks so much to all my fans. I also received a message on Instagram saying that one of you stayed up late to read all this story. To whoever you are-thank you so much!!!! I love you all!!! 😊💜💜 To be continued... ~Jade