Chapter 23

It's the second day of work and I'm reading The Great Gatsby to my class. Greg had Felicity in his classroom today. In the middle of class there was a knock at the door and someone I never wanted to see again appeared.

"Excuse me, Mrs. Smith? May I have a word with you?" he asked in a devious voice.

"I'm in the middle of teaching a class." I answered rather coldly.

"This will only take a minute"

"Fine. Class, continue reading up to chapter 2" I instructed. I walked out of my classroom and Blade closed the door. "Blade, what are you doing here?"

"I work here....well I work in the elementary school, but it's all the same"

"Why would they hire you?!"

"I have connections."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course you do. Why are you even here?"

"You took my daughter out of school."

"She's not your daughter" I replied through clenched teeth.

"She is! Now stop lying. Felicity likes me and I want to be in her life and we're gonna be a family."

"No we're not! Why can't you just leave me alone!?"

"Because I love you!"

"Blade, I can't deal with you now! I'm too stressed over you and I don't want to lose my baby because you won't leave me alone!!!"

"Baby?" he asked confused.

"Yes baby!! Im pregnant!"

"You and Greg ...are having a baby?" he looked shocked at first, but then he got a devious look in his eyes "I can change that."

"Blade, you're not making me lose this baby."

"It's not my kid, so yes, I will."

"But it's mine! It's apart of me! Did you ever think of that?! And you love me don't you?"

Blade looked into my eyes. "Yes. More than anything."

"The you'll stay away from me so I can have a healthy baby. I almost lost Felicity because of you!"

Blade sighed and looked at my stomach. "Fine. I'll stay away from you...for now. Good luck with the baby." he said and then walked away. Then he slowly turned back around. "Put Felicity back in school and i guarantee i wont come near you as long as youre pregnant."

He turned back around and walked away...this time for good.

I went back into my classroom and just sat back in my chair while the class read silently. Now I don't have to worry about Blade for 9 months.

Me and Greg spent our free period together with Felicity. I told Greg about what happened with Blade today and how he agreed to stay away from me. Greg was relieved to hear that, but not the part about putting Felicity back in school.

"But what about after the baby comes?" he asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know. But we'll worry about that then. Right now, I don't want to worry about anything except the baby and Felcity"

"That's a good idea. But I don't know if we should put Felicity back in school. What if he tries to hurt her?"

"I dont think Blade will hurt her."

"You never know, Holly."

"Bwade is poweece offwicer.". Felicity chimed in.

"Do you like Blade, sweet pea?" Greg asked.