Chapter 10

"Dan, I don't want to go."

He hugged me even tighter. We were in the school parking lot saying goodbye for the day. "I don't want you to go. But listen, Im gonna take you out to dinner tomorrow for your birthday."

I laughed. "I forgot tomorrow's my birthday."

"How could you forget your own birthday? It's the big 18."

"I know. I guess Im just so...I don't know. Everything that's been going on, I guess it just slipped my mind."

The buses started up and I just held onto Dan even tighter. Then someone cleared their throat. Me and Dan both look to find Blade standing behind us. "You better get on the bus before you miss it. Holly, I'll drive you back to your house so you can get your things and then come over my house."

"If you lay one finger on her, i swear..." he threatened.

"Get on your bus." Blade warned.

Dan shot Blade a nasty look, and then kissed me goodbye. "Remember, tomorrow pick you up at 7 tomorrow. Im taking you someplace special."

"ok." I agreed. And then he got on his bus. Blade led me over to the sidewalk so the buses could leave. I watched as Dan's bus rolled away. Dan wouldn't stop glaring at Blade. Then when all the buses left, Blade led me to his car and we got in.

"Why is he picking you up at 7 tomorrow?" Blade asked with jealousy.

"He's taking me out for my birthday."

"I told you to stay away from him."

"You can't tell me what to do! I'm going out with Dan tomorrow night and youre not going to stop me. And you're not going to hurt Dan!"

"He's already a bad influence on you." he mumbled.

We pulled unto his house about 20 minutes later. I walked over to my house to get some of clothes...engh to last a few days. Blade followed closely behind. I put some clothes and a dress for tomorrow, in a bag. Blade didn't leave me for even a minute. We didn't talk either. Then we walked back to his house and he led me to a room. "You'll be staying in here." he said.

The room was simple. Just a bed, a night stand, and a lamp.

"The bathroom is through that door. It's connected to my room as well."

Ugh....I have to share a bathroom with him?! Gross! Then his house phone rang. He left me to go answer it. I threw my bag down on the floor just as Blade walked back in. "Your mom's in the phone.".

I took the phone from him and closed the door in his face. "Hi mom"

"Hey baby girl. How's everything?"

"Fine. It would be even better if i could stay with Dan." I stated, hopefully.

"Holly, it's only for a few a days. We'll be back in no time. And besides, Blade was more than happy to watch you while we're away."

"Yeah.". Yeah...he was reeeeaal happy. "Oh guess what. Dan's taking me out for my birthday tomorrow."

My mom gasped. "Oh Holly. I'm so sorry. We completely forgot about your birthday. I'm such a terrible mom!"

"Mom it's fine. It's just another birthday. I'll have more...I hope."

"I'm so lucky to have a daughter like you, Holly. Have fun with Dan and I promise, as soon as your father and I get back, we're gonna take you out to celebrate."

"Thanks Mom."

"Holly, I've got to go. I need to get your grandma her dinner and medicine. I love you"

"Love you too. Bye."

I hung up the phone and abruptly opened the door, making Blade fall in. He caught himself on the doorway before he could fall on the floor. "Were you eavesdropping!?!? What am I saying? Of course you were. Here." I threw the phone at him. "Now get out!" I commanded.

He stood his ground, just staring down at me with a creepy smile that sent chills down my spine. "Oh Holly. You're so cute when you're mad."

"Just. Get. Out.". He still didn't move. "fine. Then I will.". I stepped to the side and walked past him, only to be grabbed by my waist and thrown down on the bed. He pinned me down, just like he did at school. He brushed his lips against mine.

"Only one more day." he whispered and then got off of me and walked out, leaving me in complete terror. What the hell did that mean? Only one more day. One more day until what?!?

After 10 minutes of thinking, I decided to take a shower. I grabbed the towel I packed and my pjs...not the silky purple ones. I wouldn't dare wear those in HIS house. I opened the bathroom door and I regret doing so. My eyes were wide with shock and horror. There he was. Blade. Standing there. Wearing nothing. Completely naked. He had a smirk on his face and I quickly ran out, making sure I closed the door completely, without looking back. I leaned my back against the wall, trying to get that image of what I just saw, out of my head. I heard the bathroom door open and saw Blade step out. Hank god he was wearing a towel.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU LOCK THE FRICKEN DOOR?!??!". I screamed.

He shrugged. "I forgot.". He answered, staring at me with lust-filled eyes.

"You forgot? You forgot that there was a 17 year old girl on the other side of the door who could walk in on you at anytime?" I asked unbelievably.

"you'll be 18 tomorrow. And maybe thats what I was hoping for." he winked at me and turned back into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

WTF!?!?!!?!?? How could my parents leave me with this psycho?!?!?!