Chapter 18

The next day, I was grateful for. I was actually going to school...that means I can actually have some time away from Blade. This morning I woke up with a black eye and a huge bruise on the side of my face and bruises on my shoulders...all from when Blade hit me. I used a large amount of makeup to try to cover it up, but no amount of makeup could cover up my bruises. Sure he apologized this morning when he saw how bad he hurt me, but I know better than to believe him. W drove to school together and I had to stay with him until school started...earning an entire hour and a half. I slept for most of that time and then I went to study hall...which is my first class every other day. Blade told me he'd come to get me from class five minutes aft the bell rang...ugh another 45 minutes of my life is going to be wasted with him.

I got to study hall, which is on the third floor today. I took a seat at my regular desk and waited for Blade to show up.

"Holly? What happened to you?". Mr. Smith asked, concerned. Mr. Smith was one of the younger good looking teachers that all the girls...and some boys....had a crush on. I didn't like him though. I live in reality. A teacher isn't gonna give up his job to be with a student. That only happens in stories and rarely in real life. Now security guards....that's a different story.

"What do you mean?"

Just then, the fire alarm went off. Yes!! Fire drill!!!! Which means I wont have to see Blade until lunch!! Woohoo!

I quickly got up and started to go out the door with the rest of the class. Mr. Smith walked next to me as we walked down the stairs, out of the school, and down to the sportsfield. About halfway down to the field, I saw Blade watching me. He was standing off to the side, making sure people were cooperating. I turned the corner and out of Blade's sight and walked down to the far end of the sportsfield with Mr. Smith. Mr. Smith then pulled me away from everyone else.

"Holly, are you gonna tell me what happened to you?"

I gulped. "Ummm...I don't know what you're talking about, sir.". I replied, acting like i didn't know what he was talking about.

He brought his hand up to my face, making me flinch. I tend to do that whenever anyone touches me now. Mr. Smith trace my bruises with his finger lightly, making sure he didn't hurt me. "How did you get these bruises?"

Quick Holly! Think! Ahhhh!!! "I-I....fell.". Fell?!?! Thats the best I could come up with.

"You fell?"

In nodded my head. "Yep..I fell down the stairs."

Mr. Smith looked at me with a suspicious look. "Do you really expect me to believe you got these bruises on your face by falling down the stairs? Holly, these bruises are really bad. It looks like somebody beat you up."

I looked away from him, not wanting him to see the tears threatening my eyes.

"Who beat you up, Holly? You can tell me."

I shook my head. "No. I can't."

"Yes you can. I can help you.". He assured me. He couldn't help me. He'd end up like Nick for sure.

"It's nothing, Mr. Smith. Really. I'm fine. Don't worry about me. I can handle myself.". I started to walk away from him, but he grabbed my hand to stop me. He looked down at my hand and saw the ring on my finger. He looked back up at me with a surprised look. I quickly pulled my hand away from him.

"What period do you have lunch?". He asked.

"6th" I answered nervously.

"Come to my classroom that period."