Chapter 3

Months have passed since that fire drill and the security guard hasn't talked to me since, though he keeps staring at me. Im pretty sure it's harmless.

"Holly! Hey Holly!" I heard someone call from behind me. I turned and saw a guy from my English class walking towards me. I think his name is Nick. I'm not completely sure. He stopped and waited for him to catch up. He finally did and we stepped off to the side to talk. Why did he want to talk to me? I guess we'll find out. "Hey, so I was wondering if you ummm.." he looked shy and nervous. He had his hands in his front pockets, mustering up the courage to say what he was about to say. "do you want to go to prom with me?" he finally asked.

"Get to class. Both of you." I heard a manly, familiar voice from behind me. I turned around to find the security guard standing right up against me.

"Sorry, sir. I'll walk you to class, Holly." Nick stated.

"Ok. Thanks. And yes, I'd love to go to prom with you.".Nick smiled happily and we started walking to English class together. I looked back at the security guard who looked aggravated and glaring dagger at Nick's back. As soon as he saw I was looking at him, his expression softened and he turned around and walked the other way.. Me and nick exchanged numbers and took our seats next to eachother. I can't believe Nick asked me out!!! I didn't think anyone would ask me to prom. This year is turning out better than expected.

In the middle of class I got a text. I made sure the teacher wasn't looking before reading it. Hmmm...unknown number.

'U can do better than him'

I tried texting back whoever it was, but their number was blocked, meaning I could only text them if there number showed up. Geez. The consequences of not having friends or people's numbers.

"Holly". Nick whispered. I looked at him. "Wanna go see a movie Friday night?"

I nodded my head. "yeah, sure."

"Ok cool. I'll text you later about it."

"k." I was probably grinning like an idiot, but who wouldn't?!?! Nick was like the hottest guy in school! And he was interested in me!!! Eeeep!!!!

Class ended and Nick walked me to my next class and even carried my books for me. We took the stairs that were away from the common area and Nick couldn't stop flirting with me. My next class was chemistry and Nick's next class was algebra, so he left me at my chemistry class, but not before he kissed me on the cheek!!!! Ok, this is definitely the best day of my life!!!! :D

My phone went off again and it was the unknown number

'End it before it begins'

I looked around the hall, which were now empty. It must be a wrong number...and a coincidence. Yeah, that's what it is. No need to get freaked out Holly. I should probably stop giving myself a pep talk and get into class.