[18] Into Motion

“Sometimes life knocks you on your ass... get up, get up, get up!!! Happiness is not the absence of problems, it's the ability to deal with them.” 
~ Steve Maraboli

June 14, 2043
11:00 A.M

         “You want me to what?”

          Louis tried his best to not look too mental about what he just proposed. Instead, he just murmured, “Lower your voice” and pushed past Harry further into his house. “Actually, I think it’s safer if I just write this down.” 

          And before Harry could protest Louis was writing. I researched experimental procedure on human test subjects, and usually, they put trackers and other devices in the person to monitor their progress. That means that I’ve got a tracker or recording device in me of some sort… I need you to cut it out. 

          Louis knew that one, Harry’s father was a high-quality surgeon who was away, though some of his medical supplies were definitely available. Two, he also knew these devices had to be in him for the scientists to know he told Zayn and for them to target him. There was no other possibility, and Louis knew that the only way his plan was going to work would be… well, he needed someone he could trust to get it out. 

           Harry, though, while being a surgeon’s son looked totally baffled and horrified. You do realize I’m not my father, right? He wrote in a hurried scrawl in return. I can’t just cut you open looking for the thing. It may not even be there and you’ll be losing blood for nothing. 

           Louis frowned. He was pretty damn sure this thing was in him - well, eighty-five percent sure. Still, it was a risk that was totally and utterly necessary. He was bound to go mental if he didn’t stop Visionary soon, and his whole plan would fall flat if he couldn’t get rid of this tracker. 

             Please, Haz, Louis begged in his writing. I promise I’ll explain it all to you afterwards. I looked up where it would be too, and the left inner forearm is the most likely. I know you can do this Harry, just please. 

             And something in Louis’ eyes must’ve done something, he wasn’t sure really. Though as he and Harry just looked at each other for a long moment, silent words passing between them, Harry slowly nodded as if he suddenly understood everything. 

        “Okay,” he whispered lowly. “Just give me ten minutes to get everything. We have to do this somewhere else though, my parents can’t come home finding blood all over the floor or something.” 

       So that’s how Louis found himself kneeling, fifteen minutes later, on an old, plastic tarp in a secluded area of Harry’s backyard, arm out and glistening under the sunlight with some sort of antiseptic liquid Harry had administered, insisting that I’d rather not have you blame me if this gets infected, thanks. You’ll thank me later. Louis vaguely wondered how Harry knew what he was doing, yet he was failing his biology course at secondary.

         Either way, it was really a pretty sketchy scene to anyone watching, but Louis just hoped they could get it done and over with quickly, so no one would even have time to be the wiser on the matter.

          “I’ve given you the most numbing medication my dad keeps at the house that won’t knock you out,” Harry murmured as he pulled on latex gloves. Louis remembered that he didn’t recognize the label or the name, meaning it had to be some sort of new futuristic drug. He couldn’t feel his whole arm. “But I don’t exactly know what I’m looking for. If those pictures you showed me is right, then this thing is small as hell.”