19

One-Shot Challenge
Inspired by -lucixd-
~x~
Illusions

   One-Shot Challenge    Inspired by -lucixd- ~x~Illusions

"No!!!" A pair of golden eyes flickered open, immediately adjusting to the darkness of the room

"No!!!" A pair of golden eyes flickered open, immediately adjusting to the darkness of the room. Heavy breaths left her lips, tears streaming down her cheeks, trembling in fear.

A sudden burt of air along with a cloud of blue smoke caught her attention from one corner of the dorm; It was Kurt. "I..I." He stuttered, his eyes lurking cautiously around the room. "I heard you..scream..so..so I-"

"It's okay, Kurt. I'm-I'm fine." She assured, folding her palms onto her lap, clearing her throat nervously.

"You sure?" Kurt urged on, cocking hid head to the side, having a slight idea that was a lie.

Another heavy exhale left her lips, sighing softly before covering her face, choking on tears. Immediately, Kurt teleported to her side, his tail coiling around the woman's wrist, moving it away from her face. "I-I'm not..the best at words, but, I think you'll get through...whatever is bothering you, Raven."

Gradually, her golden eyes looked straight through his, managing to curve her lips into a soft grin. "Thank you, and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you, again. It's just.." With a frustrated exhale, Raven's fingers wrapped themselves into fists, feeling Kurt's tail unwind around her wrist in the process.

"It's about..Hank." She breathed, watching Kurt's eyes start to widen as she spoke.

"H-Hank McCoy? The B-Beast?" Kurt swallowed heavily, unsure of what to say. "Yeah, him. I've been having dreams of him but, not as himself." She replied, finding herself beginning to quaver entirely in fear.

"What do you mean 'not as himself'?" Kurt furrowed his eyebrows, suddenly spinning his head around at the sound of glass shattering from outside the dorm, sending a cold shiver down his back.

Exchanging startled glances, both Raven and Kurt pushed themselves off the mattress and quietly pulled open the door, a creek echoing down the empty corridor.

Another distant sound of glass shattering caught Raven's attention, realizing the noise was coming from one end of the corridor. "It's coming from the lab.." She muttered, rushing farther and farther away from the room and closer towards the doors to the lab, hearing weak groans and heavy equipment against the ground from inside.