MARKS OF LOVE

FILLER 7

MARKS OF LOVE

SAKURA UCHIHA

I finally got to go home. I had to spend the entire day in the hideout with Karin just so she could make sure that I wouldn't pass out again like I did before. Sasuke and Sarada never once left my side, which was adorable...but also really embarrassing. Karin fixed me up, and after making sure that I bit her, which I've never felt comfortable with, she decided that I would be okay to go home. She warned me that I would be tired, etc, etc, etc...I'm a doctor I already know. Naruto and his family never left too, though I made them wait outside while I was getting ready to leave. Then I felt bad because of the sad look on Hinata's face. I'll make sure to apologize to her later, if it weren't for her husband being a complete idiot...

    "Mama? You ready to go?"

    "Yeah. One second." I stood up slowly, my entire body feeling sore, waddling strangely when I walked. I felt weirdly empty, my stomach wasn't filled with Chikara anymore. I felt much lighter, but also a little bit lonelier. "Can I hold him, Sasuke?"

    "Just a second." Sasuke said staring down at his son deeply. He's clearly infatuated again. I waited...I checked my watch.

    "Sasuke..." I said softly. "You were going to give him to me?"

    "Oh...yeah." Sasuke said reluctantly handing him to me. He was sleeping now, his breath as soft as snow. I smile, there's a Uchiha with pink hair. I wonder if Madara is cringing somewhere. Sasuke's arm wrapped around my shoulders and he opened the door for Sarada who was immediately accosted by Boruto.

    "Lemme see! I wanna see 'im!"

    Sasuke sends me a secretly panicked look. "I won't let that rub off on my son."

    "Sure." I smile. "Good luck with that. Are you saying that Naruto didn't rub off on you eventually." Sasuke scowled. I smiled at Boruto. It's strange, he's gotten so tall recently, he's only a few inches shorter than me. Boruto grins when he sees him. Suddenly Chikara makes a soft noise, but I touch his head and he quiets.

    HInata shifts forward along with Naruto who is interrogating Sasuke. Hinata touches my elbow gently like a ghost. "He's beautiful, Sakura."

    "He is." I said blushing with pride.

    "Are you okay? I heard that Sarada had quite a scare when she went in to check on you."

    "I'm fine. It's hard that's all."

    "Oh believe me, I remember. Boruto was a stubborn one too."

    "Maybe they'll get along." I smile.

    "I'm sure they will. How abou-"

    "Time for the Hokage to grace this baby!" Naruto grinned making a huge scene.

    "Be gentle with him, idiot!" I warn as he reaches out to Chikara.

    "I'm not as dumb as you think, Sakura-chan." Naruto frowned. 

    "I wonder sometimes." I teased.

    Naruto's hands were gently as he touched Chikara's soft baby head. "Wow." Naruto whispered. "Hinata, do you remember when Boruto and Himawari were this small?"

    "I do." Hinata blushed. "I won't ever forget it."

    "It's just hard to believe...you're amazing Sakura..." Naruto said genuinely. "You created him. You produced life. And he's beautiful." I smiled at his somewhat put together response. "It's just amazing."