Chapter 9: Moving or?

All I've wanted to do for the past week was run away. Not from that brunette girl – whose name I finally learned was Leanne - Damon, or my pack. I felt like running away from myself. I've been so frustrated with myself, it's getting pretty pathetic. Josh, Bella and Cher try their best being around me, but I just can't be the old me. I can't laugh, I can't smile, it's like happiness hates me.

I know they've been trying to handle me lately, but I know they can't manage forever. I feel bad, guilty even; but I know I can't do a thing. The damage is done, and there's no way I'll be repaired anytime soon.

Josh wanted to have a 'family' meeting today, so we're all in the living room waiting for him to make his entrance.

"Look Reine, we love you. You know we all do, but I think it's time for us to leave" Josh said while sitting down on the couch.

"Leave?!" Cher and Bella yelled at the same time.

"Guys, you have to understand that it's not safe for us here anymore. There after Reine, and I'm sorry but, I'm not letting them hurt Cher or Bella, especially Bella" He said while sighing.

I knew this was a difficult decision for him to make; he didn't like leaving anyone behind, but I understood him. He has Bella, she's his life, and vice versa. I don't want to stand in the way of them being happy and safe just because I'm not.

"WHA-" Bella was about to say but I cut her off.

"It's okay guys, he's 100% right on this one. You aren't safe with me around, so I'm going to move" I shrugged while standing up.

"What do you mean move?" Cher yelled.

"Josh has Bella, and you have Collin, you have something to live for, I won't let you waste it" I smiled convincingly.

"Plus then you guys won't have to pack or anything, I only have my clothes and that's pretty much it" I smiled.

"Where will you live?" Cher whispered.

"It doesn't matter, from this day on we're not friends" I quickly said.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WERE NOT FRIENDS?" Cher yelled angrily.

"You have to convince them you have no connection to me, then they'll leave you alone. You can still text or call as long as no one's listening if you want, we can have nicknames and everything" I said trying to persuade her.

See Cher used to be into that whole 'spy' phase as a child, so I know she'll totally be up for calling me a stupid name like 'turtle eating lion', something along those lines.

They both ran up to me, and hugged me tightly.

"I'll miss you guys" I smiled at all three of them.

Two hours later I was packed.

I said my goodbye's, and was on my way.

"What do we have here?" I heard a familiar voice.

"What do you want Dom?" I rolled my eyes without turning around to face him.

"Don't call me that!" He snapped at me.

"Why Dommie, does it bring back old memories?" I smirked while turning around to face him to see Damon, Lucas, James, Matt, standing there.

Dom growled.

"You slut, were here to take you back home. Dad's orders" Matt growled.

"Oh Mattie didn't notice you here too, but I don't have a dad, so I don't have to follow anyone's orders" I raised my eyebrow.