Chapter 5: These Memories Don't Seem to Fade.

I spent all day looking at the werewolf archives at the library to find some knowledge about this so called 'prophecy'. One thing I did know, me turning eighteen had something to do with it? But so did my family, and Damon's father?

I don't know much about Damon's pack, or his father Marcus. Time to so some research!

I used my witch to quickly scan the books about the Grevenue Pack, and ended up finding at least seventeen! Boy this was going to take a while.

I spent the whole day at the library, just reading.

"The Grevenue had many enemies, ranging from the Snapshot pack, and as far as the Deleveni Witches. The once evil Alpha of the Grevenue Pack was Anthony Mills, he had lost his mate to Alpha of the Snapshot pack; his mate was also part of the Deleveni Coven of witches. Having his mate reject him made Anthony ruthless; he would kill without hesitation, other people's feelings didn't exist when it came to his decisions. The Deleveni witches sided with the Snapshot Pack, and created a prophecy, but most would say curse to keep the two packs away from each other - which meant no mating. The prophecy states that the mate of the fourth generation Alpha of the Grevenue Pack would die unless he rejected her, resulting in her losing the Alpha Female status. It's said that when she turns eighteen she will seek revenge on everyone who stood in her way; her witch controlling her in the process and she'll seek the blood of her mate the most."

I read this, and my heart stopped. This is why? What a stupid prophecy, Damon is nothing like Anthony. To think that all of this was happening because of some dumb prophecy.

"Dear, can I help you with anything?" A voice interrupted my thoughts.

I snapped my head up to see a woman, maybe in her late twenties, or early thirties.

"Um, yeah actually. What do you think is the purpose of this prophecy?" I said and showed her the section I read.

"I'm not sure dear, but to me it seems that the whole purpose of the Deleveni prophecy is to keep the two mates away from each other" The women who I think was the librarian said.

"What if this prophecy had complications, such as if the girl was Alpha of her own pack? She couldn't just lose the Alpha female status that came with being with the Alpha then?" I asked nervously.

"Then her pack would make her step down" The women said bluntly.

"Why?" My curiosity got the better of me.

"Well if she's Alpha, she has more control of her witch, so the two can be together, but that won't happen till she turns eighteen. And of course her pack would try to over throw her since they're the reason there is a prophecy in the first place" She sounded too confident.

I smelt the air clearly; she was a witch.

"So what coven do you belong too? The Deleveni coven I'm presuming" I smirked.

"And why would you say that?" She smirked back.

"Well maybe since you know who I am" I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm a witch, it's my job to know" Her smirk changed into a smile.

"It's only fair if you tell me who you are... and is there a way to lift the curse or prophecy, or whatever!" I blurted out.

"My name is Ms. Severn but you can call me Grazelda. As for the prophecy; It's all you, you have to train yourself but mainly your witches anger, other than that, it can't be undone my dear. I really am sorry, I wouldn't wish this upon anyone even if my ancestors thought otherwise" She frowned.