Chapter 10 - Roaming the streets of Volterra

Ellena POV

I woke up to find Alec had left, I showered wore my red Gucci dress with my red dolly shoes and went down the hall to Jasmine’s room.

“Hey Jazzy” I greeted her putting on a happy face as I entered the room to find her reading Oliver for the billionth time. She removed her gaze from the book and looked at me in concern. “Ellena I know you’re just putting on a front Alec told me what happened last night, when I was in chill room playing a video game with Demetri he just looked worried so I asked him ” she confronted me.

“I’m guessing he didn’t tell you why I woke up in hysterics” I replied sighing in defeat she shook her head no.

“Well….” I started to tell her about last night.

Flashback to last night

Lying down in bed I feel very nervous about my transformation in two days I wondered if I would cuts from two weeks I haven’t cut myself in such a long time. Ever since this powerful vampire coven has taken me I have been so much happier than I ever did back in Carolina, back in Charleston. Alec was the reason why I didn’t feel so depressed and the jokes of Felix and Demetri of course but overall Alec, I hadn’t felt that happy since my mother was alive.

Aro is a better father to me than me own was making sure I ate, didn’t make me be like a maid and make feel guilty about something that I really shouldn’t feel guilty about. I’m just relieved that Jasmine is here with me in Italy and not in America with Rory. Yes I now refer to my dad as his first name he maybe my biological father but I disowned him the day I arrived in Volterra and was accepted in to the Volturi and I’m more than certain that my sweet little sister would have thought the same thought.

But it’s true though if she was still there she would be living in the same hellhole that I did minus the heartless bitches that terrorised me for four years. Trust me Rory is so consumed with the grief and pain of losing my mother that he has to blame someone mainly me for her death. Of course I never said that too his face or he would have denied then lashed out at me and beaten me until I was sore all over and couldn’t walk possibly land me in the hospital. 

 But if I hadn’t have taken Jazzy with me he would have found someone to blame her for it and abused her and forced to fall too his every whim and command and made her so frightened that she would do it without question or so he would delude himself to think. My baby sister is too tough for that ending with her getting a severe scolding and beating, I cried at that and proceeded to cry more into the pillow as it crossed my mind that if she hadn’t come looking for me he would have forced her to be a prostitute like he would have forced to me too had I stayed, I cried myself to into a deep slumber.

 End of flashback

“….I started to have nightmares about Rory abusing me and about the bullying I just woke up distraught and I guess Alec ran to my room after he heard me and he consoled me, I told him everything” I finished telling her.

She nodded, her face lit up with a sudden idea “we need to get out of this castle just the two of us” She suggested. My eyebrows raised my eye brows at my little sister in disbelief “Come one Jazz we never leave without Jane, Chelsea and Heidi or anyone for the matter” I said feeling uneasy about leaving without anyone.

I went off into my own world for a few seconds thinking about the dangers of doing that sometimes non vegetarian vampires who visit the Volturi are very intoxicated by my very scent what if we came across one of them in the city while having our sister time. Surely Aro would give us a vampire escort if we asked permission to leave the castle. I mean think about it not all vampires have cars like they do.