Eighteen

In was four in the afternoon when I was feeling awfully hungry, even though I had lunch only an hour ago. I was in the shared lounge looking through its mini fridge to find something that would satisfy my empty, grumbling stomach. A frown took over my lips when there was nothing I could find, for which I was in the mood for to eat. But realizing I was being ungrateful, I decided to reach for another damn yogurt cup, when someone's voice startled me.

"Someone hungry?"

I slightly jumped, missing my head on the fridge by just an inch. I took up straight and looked back, to find Zayn standing near one of the single sofas.

"Sorry, didn't mean to startle you."

"It's okay." I shook my head. "What brings you here?"

"Bianca. Is she here?"

For some reason I felt a pang of disappoint hit me, but I got over it quick. "No. She's around somewhere with Hanna, I think."

"Oh, okay. Thanks."

I gave Zayn a smile before turning myself back towards the fridge.

"I can take you someplace and get you better food." I heard him say, which felt like he was standing right beside me. I peered over the refrigerator's door and saw that, yes he was.

"No thanks."

"You really going to go for a cup of plain yogurt over a wicked turkey panini sandwhich?" he cocked an eyebrow of his?

"A turkey panini?" I asked, leaving the fridge's side. Just the thought of it made my mouth water. I couldn't even remember the last time I even had a fucking panini!

"Say the word, and in less than half an hour, you'll be bloated with one of the greatest panini sandwiches ever made." Zayn crossing his arms and rolled his shoulders, as a smirk slowly tugged at the ends of his lips.

I thought about his offer. It sure sounded delicious, but I couldn't take any more favours from him. It would be very impolite of me, since I wasn't giving him anything in return.

"No need to think so much about it, Zara." Zayn chuckled. "Come on."

"Only on one condition." I stated.

"Okay, what?"

"We bring one back for everyone else too."

Zayn let out a laugh which made me raise my brow at him, so he fell silent and nodded. "Alright, deal."

I smiled in satisfaction and headed towards the doors to exit the room, with Zayn following suit.

***

We were on our way to lunch in Zayn's car and unlike last time, I didn't fall asleep. Instead, I looked around the interior of the vehicle in utter awe.

"Zayn, you seriously have such a nice car." I spoke up, breaking the silence between us. "I've never sat in a car like this before."

"Yeah?" he said, looking over to me momentarily before setting his eyes on the road again. He had one hand on the steering wheel while the elbow of his other arm, rested on the window's edge. He scratched his stubble with his thumb as a grin occupied his lips. "It was a birthday present from my parents."

"Aw, that was very sweet of them."

"So tell me Zara..."

I hummed in response, asking him to go on.

"What's more to Zara Diaz than past the whole first virgin competitor image?"

"You want to know more about me?" I asked surprised.