Nine

Zara's POV

The sound of knocking against the bedroom door made me shift in my sleep. I buried my face deeper into the pillow to block out the noise as I also pulled the soft comforter over my head, to shield myself from anything that would disturb me and awaken me from my sweet slumber.

"Zara!" I heard Kiara's voice call me from amidst the constant knocking.

My eyes fell open as I slightly raised the upper half of my body off of the comfortable mattress, and looked at the door in confusion as I was feeling quite disoriented as of now.

My gaze fell on the clock which was hung up on the adjacent wall, and I gasped as my eyes widened at the time.

"Shit!" I hopped off the bed and ran towards the door to answer it.

I met with Kiara's hand up in the air about to go knocking again, but once she saw me she put her hand down, and smiled at me warmly.

"Morning, sleepyhead."

"Hey, morning." I tucked a lock of hair behind my ear.

"Slept late? It's almost ten and we were all waiting for you to go down for breakfast."

"Yeah, sorry. Give me ten minutes. I'll be right out."

"Okay." Kiara nodded and walked away, and at once I shut the door behind me.

"Fuck." I muttered to myself as I ran towards the washroom next.

I had returned to the mansion at almost six this morning, from Safe Haven. I had only slept there with Zoey for about an hour or two, and then took a short nap on the bus, leaving me to make up for the loss of sleep by giving me only four straight hours of undisturbed sleep here in my bed at Zayn's mansion.

But fuck, great going Zara. Sleeping in would definitely not raise suspicions about your late night activities. Dumbass...

I stripped from my silk pyjama set as quickly grabbed my toothbrush to rinse it with water. I applied a strip of toothpaste on its bristles and at once began to brush my teeth quickly. After my teeth were brushed clean, I splashed water onto my face and began to lather it with the face wash which I was provided with. Once my face was also clean, I immediately hopped into the shower and hoped to  be quick.

After I was satisfied with being washed and cleaned from head to toe, I dashed out of the washroom with only a towel wrapped around me and headed towards the closet.

I ripped a full sleeve, sheer mint green blouse off of a hanger, pulled a pair of white jeans from a cupboard nearby and, retrieved a soft pink lingerie set from a drawer. Quickly, I dressed myself as I hopped around the walk-in to squeeze my body into the clothes. At last, I ran to get the same nude heels I had worn on my first day here from my bedroom.

I hurriedly dried my hair with the towel and brushed through it with one of the many hair brushes that were kept on the dressing table, deciding to leave it open. I finally did my makeup keeping it simple, to end off my look for the day.

Even though my reflection in the mirror staring back at me told me I looked decent, I still hoped I looked presentable to everyone outside of my room. Not wanting to waste another moment, I paced towards the door and stepped out, sighing heavily to myself.

"You're finally up!" Yasmine exclaimed grinning widely with her arms stretched out, as I stepped into the shared lounge.

"Hey." I gave the girls a small wave. "Sorry to make you all wait."

"Its no problem." Kathy spoke up. "Evelyn didn't come yet. You're good."

"Speaking of her, I wonder what's taking her so long?" Felicity asked as I took a seat on one of the couches, where Cecilia and Kiara were already sitting.