New makes me happy

This is kind of different I guess.

Dedicated to DavidVersace because he is an absolute babe. :) <3

Unedited. I have my Essay Writing Exam tomorrow. So yeah.

Flipping 3094 words.

And also, the video above is lit as fuck.

*************************************************************************

Liam's POV

' Life is beautiful. What makes it ugly is the way some people look at it. They look at life from a negative perspective, unlike me. When good things happens to them, they say they love their life. When bad things happen, they get frustrated and forget about the good times life gave them.

Some people need to realize that life does not only contain sadness but also happiness. Life is a bundle of both sadness and joy.

Nobody's life is perfect. And that's okay because all of us are human. We are made up of bones and blood, not machines.

Sometimes I like to think that people need to bleed so that they realize that they are still breathing, still alive and still human.

Maybe that's why I cut.

Maybe that's why I love my blades.

Scott says that cutting is bad because I may cut my veins and die. He says it's too painful. But that's what some of us want; pain.

The pain of tearing open your skin, the pain of being human.'

'' Liam?''

'' Yes?'' I answered as I put down my pen. Looking at the door, I saw my stepfather, Alaric ( A/N let's just pretend he is named Alaric.), standing with a tray in his hands.

'' Dinner is ready.''

I smiled and put my diary under my pillow. I gestured for him to come sit on my bed. I crossed my legs together so we had enough space. Alaric put the tray between us.

'' Thank you.'' I said as I munched on the delicious mac and cheese.

'' What?'' I asked, my mouth full of food, as I saw that Alaric was staring at me.

'' Are you sure you want to do this?'' He asked finally. I swallowed my food and asked '' Do what?''

'' You know what I mean.'' he raised an eyebrow.

I sighed and pushed the tray aside. Taking his hands in mine, I answered.

'' When I was 14 and dad died, mom told me that we were going to have a new life, a new place and new friends. I was happy because I loved new. But then she was diagnosed with cancer and you were the one who treated her. You guys fell in love and got married. Everything was perfect. I got a new house and friends. And I was happy because I loved new.'' I looked at Alaric to make sure he was still here with me and then I continued.

'' Then she died in a car accident. We were heartbroken but we did not give up because mom always said that we are born to die. Months later, the two of us decided to have a new beginning. We moved to Beacon Hills. You got a good job. I got friends who are the best things that ever happened to be mine and a boyfriend who loves me to death. And I'm happy to say that I found love again.The least thing I can do for my friends is to become like them, to be a part of their world. Because then I will have a new life. There will be a voice inside that will guide for the rest of my life. I will still be the same person I was, happy. Because new always makes me happy. I want this Al, more than anything,''