Metal vs Stone

Ruby, Tyrese and Major Lennox sprinted after Sam. Ruby tore ahead, her bracelet lighting the way through the smoke. 

There he was! Kneeling by Optimus' huge body. Mikaela stood behind him, raking her nails down her cheeks. 

And lurking behind them like a shark, was Megatron. 

Before Ruby could turn, before she could even blink, the world stopped spinning. Time slowed. And Ruby could only watch as the bomb blew.

 As she flew, cart-wheeling in the hot air, she saw Sam, flying like herself, and strewn almost ten feet away. He didn't get up.

Ruby instinctively landed on her feet. Mikaela broke free of Major Lennox's grasp and threw herself down beside Sam. Tears streamed down her cheeks and she began to scream. Medics moved in, blocking her from Ruby's view. 

Mikaela's distressed screams reminded Ruby of herself, of how she had sounded when she had seen Optimus die. It was a painful sound that cut her like an exceptionally cold, sharp knife. It cut away her walls, her defense to reveal the blinding white anger beneath her skin

Time sped back up to normal in the moment Ruby moved. Sam, Mikaela and Lennox faded away as her focus narrowed to one, despicable decepticon.

She jumped to her feet and tore towards Megatron like a racing storm. He didn't see her until she lunged, her hand outstretched, energy running raw and reckless through her like lightning.

With a screech of rage Ruby flung a pulsing ball of red energy into his stomach, sending all fifteen tonnes of him flying backwards. The big lump of undeserving metal went crashing down. The ground rumbling beneath Ruby's feet.

 He gave a mighty roar. Ruby prepared to launch a second attack as Megatron climbed back to his feet. He took out a large brick archway as he went. 

Soldiers dived away from the heavy shower of crumbling bricks.

Megatron rounded on Ruby, his loud and deep growls making her teeth rattle;

"You'll pay for that fleshling!" he bellowed.

Megatron swiped at Ruby with a hand of long black claws. She swiftly jumped back out of his grasp;

"'Fleshling' isn't a word!" she screamed back.

Megatron swung his arms about in a rage. Ruby ran circles around him, dodging his tantrum attacks. The nearby soldiers retreated to a safer distance, leaving Ruby wondering who they were more afraid of, her or him?

Ruby set off away from the fight, certain that the thirty-foot high villain would follow her in his rage. 

Her hair streamed out behind her as she ran, the flowing of air cooling her body. Sure enough, Megatron stomped after her. 

Ruby moved fast, the sand flying from under her feet. The sound of human gunfire tailed off.

The pyramids rose up in front of Ruby as she ran, but there was something wrong. 

A cloud of hot dust rose up, surrounding the biggest pyramid. Ruby could feel the intensity of the heat from a mile off. As she got closer, she couldn't believe her eyes. 

The biggest decepticon she had ever seen was steadily climbing the middle pyramid,ripping it to pieces as it went. The tumbling bricks crumbled to dust as they crashed down, just to stop half way and rise into the air as if trapped in a unexplainable air current. 

Then Ruby noticed something else; the thundering stomps of Megatron had ceased. He had stopped pursuing her.

Where'd he gone? 

Something  strange was happening to the pyramid; a machine was emerging from the top of it, some sort of space ship. The pyramid lost it's shape, becoming little more than a huge pile of brick.

Decepticons swarmed to the foot of the pyramid, making their way towards the machine.

Starscream flew low, transforming in mid-air to land on the neighboring pyramid. 

Ruby hesitated. What was going on? 

Then she heard the unmistakable sound of Megatron squealing towards them in his jet form. 

He transformed, gripping onto a turret of the great metal machine. Something was glowing in his hand. 

Sudden fear gripped Ruby and she shot forward. She bounded up what was left of the pyramid, clawing her way towards Megatron. She could not let him activate the machine!

A spray of bullets followed her: the decepticons had seen her. She didn't care. They weren't important. 

She didn't slow when she approached the top; instead she used her momentum to throw out a force field. It slammed into Megatron,knocking him clean off the machine and sending him flying backwards through the air. 

Ruby hurtled after him, falling. Megatron transformed back into a jet before hitting the ground, and Ruby, who was only a split second behind him, slammed into his wing. Miraculously she found a hold and clung on for dear life.