Secret Satellites

Soundwave was an annoyingly talented decepticon. 

He drifted around the outer edges of the Earth's atmosphere like a lost satellite. 

 This was what he intended of course. He was searching for something that only he could find and make use of. 

He was among actual satellites, looking for the right one. Some were phone satellites, emitting irritating noises. He moved past these quickly, resisting the urge to smash them to pieces. He listened to the noises made by others, sifting through the information coded into them. 

There! He swung his metal bulk around and caught hold of a big, steely grey satellite. It belonged to the military, and it archived information containing the key words he was looking for: 

Allspark, Autobot, Decepticon, and Shard.

Soundwave began to transform. He molded himself around the satellite, attaching himself to it. Glowing cables sprouted from his finger tips; they branched into more cables, moving on their own accord, seeking out gaps in the structure of the satellite and penetrating it. 

Once in position, Soundwave sorted through all the files. It only took him a few seconds to find the right one: the location of the Shard.

 He relayed the coordinates to a fellow decepticon....