Chapter 48

-No one's pov-

A quick teleport to the Boss' office was something that the boss expecting of. The wizard wouldn't just walk there, also it would take too long for what the Boss needed for him for.

He stood there, waiting for the Boss' response. The wizard wasn't really happy why he would interrupt the sweet time between him and that girl. If he was called for something useless, he wouldn't hesitate to kill him. But knowing that there is Vermouth and Gin with his partner, Vodka, this means something. However, it was strange that Vermouth is here now. She wouldn't really be in the Organization point place every time now and then, but this is the Boss' location place out of every location there is out there, and here he is.

"It's been a while, Aoba Shirosaki." He greeted him, swiftly spinning around, smirking cockily. His elbows rested on his armrests while interlocking his fingers together and lifting it like an arch. Aoba didn't like him one bit, not when he got called.

"What is it now?" He questioned, clearly annoyed. Vermouth covered her mouth and silently chuckled. That raised the thermometer up of Aoba's annoyance fuel. However he ignored it as hard as he can by gritting his teeth.

"Now, now. Lets get this over peacefully." He cleared his throat and continued. "You know about that little girl as a hostage, right? The one who you tortured her." He grinned as he scooted his chair closer to his desk. "Did she say anything?"

"No information if that's what you're talking about." He pretended to be sad over it. "Unless you want to know how much she screamed."

"Screaming, but she hasn't said anything?" He inquired, trying to be sure. Aoba nodded.

"Yes." He crossed his arms and huffed in annoyance. "What else do you want? I just did as you told me to do. Torture her and interrogate her. Her shell isn't easily broken with just torturing her. She's a hard nut." He explained, laughing inside his mind. It is true that the amount of how much she wouldn't spill it out was shocking, despite how many times she had been in pain for over 3 hours. Strong girl, huh? But the look in her eyes is what makes Aoba pretty much turned on. How would any girl would feel pain but loathe more on the person, who is torturing her in the most sadistic way as possible, than the physical pain on herself. 

Although, he did notice he was laughing under his breath, which made Aoba a bit perplexed. "What now? Can I leave?" He asked.

"Well you should, that girl is going bonkers soon." The Boss said, grinning.

"What do you mean?" Aoba raised his eyebrow up.

The Boss laughed, arching his back. Gradually, his own laughter began to die down. "No...nothing. I am sorry. Hurry up and go."

Aoba stood in silence, eyeing over the faces on each of them. He wanted to say something, but he just shook his head and teleported back to the same torture room.

However, without even realising what just happened. Ani has vanished, well gone. She's not on her seat. The metal door has disappeared which there are signs from the side that is has been forcefully opened. Then he look further into the distance beyond the open hallway. 

There is blood. Everywhere.

He detected an abnormal amount of magic power further into the hallway. He glance over the gruesome sight as he roam through the hallways. On the way, he turn to the corner, and there stood the blood gruelling monster in disguised. The hands all covered by blood. The clothes damped in red. Everything, is in red over the monster.

Aoba took a step, spalshing a bloody puddle that he did not see, and that alerted the monster, slow turning it's head towards him. It was Ani. But her eyes...