Chapter 26

During when Ani ignores everyone literally...

"Conan! Do you have anything today?" Genta asked, excited to play something with the Detective Boys.

"Yeah Conan! You're always saying that you're busy and need to go somewhere." Mitsuhiko pouted, almost angry at him.

"And then leaving us and running off. Even Ai-chan leaves also if you leave." Ayumi grunted in a cute way. Ai already left so no one really noticed her leaving except Conan. Literally everyone backfired at Conan as he back away slowly.

Of course he wouldn't tell the kids that he has something going on with a troublesome person that he just met few days ago. And then end up in some bigger problems. But Conan wouldn't want anyone to get hurt, rather, he wants everyone to be safe and happy. So for that, he is just doing the sake of Ani. Moreover, he wouldn't want the detective boys to be involved anyways. No one wants troubles.

But these kids are persistent.

Conan kept being silent, thinking an excuse to come in any second, and it did. "You see, Ran-neechan keeps telling me to come home early and I have to help her. And remember Kobayashi-sensei gave us a lot of homework? I haven't quite finish that yet so we can play in another day?" He pulled it off just barely, not letting his words stumble.

The three children thought for a while, remained silent. Until they all accepted his excuse.

"That's true we have a lot of homework..." Mitsuhiko thoughtfully said.

"And since Conan needs to go home, we should go home as well." Ayumi said to everyone.

"Yeah! And I think for my dinner will be eel with rice! I am so excited about that." He gleefully cheered.

"Oh Genta-kun, you're always thinking about food." Ayumi sighed.

"Haha, sorry, sorry. I couldn't help it since my tummy keeps being empty." He apologised. Everyone chuckled.

"Well, guys. We'll see each other soon. Bye." Conan bid farewell to his kid friends. They waved back as Conan march away from them and went to a road that leads back to the Agency.

That reminds me, how would she know so much about us but we know so little about her?

-Conan's pov-

If she was to be here knowing so much about us and this world, eventually she will end up here. But out of all people, her? There maybe a lot of who knows about this world we live in, why is it only one person? Or two that includes him in it.

And that phone she holds, what's up with the message? I shouldn't really believe in his lies. Ani did get annoyed whenever he jokes around. Also very close to each other. And her headache, I eventually need to ask her that. And maybe need to cheer her up. She is far too depressed. A heist was already held by KID on the behalf of my request but she rejected it. That didn't work, I should ask for that guy who is close to Ani.

I end up reaching the Agency already. Walking upstairs, tip-toeing to reach the the door and twisting it. I push the door and saw Ani, sitting on the couch, just completely staring at nothing. Completely dazed.

I walk over to the couch opposite to her, jump and sat on it, making myself bounce a little. Her clothes already changed in her usual outfit. Her eyes seems dull, her to be interwined with eachother.

When I was about to part my lips to talk, a ring tone from my phone. Someone was calling me. I took it out from my pocket and see who was the caller. It was an unknown caller. Then again, I answered it anyway.

"Yo! Tantei-kun. Worried about Ani still?" He asked, his voice seems to be all giddy.

I glance at Ani, she still dazing out. I quickly went out of the office and stood outside of the door, closing back the door slowly. She probably didn't notice me. Maybe she did.