Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Jake

We made out way through the thick of trees, Melanie was leaning close to me the whole way – she knew she couldn't take on a hunting group of werewolves if they attacked her.

We came to an opening in the trees.

There was a river running through the clearing. On top of the river were small boats. By the river bank were little houses made from mud and wood, each with a small fire around three meters away from the entrance.

"Jake!" a shriek sounded from one of the houses. A girl came running out of the house, I recognised her immediately.

"Mona!" I cried as she jumped into my arms. She was heavier then I remembered, she had grown a lot in the year and a half that I had been away.

I set her down to take a good look at her. She had grown a little since I had seen her last, she was taller. Her brown hair was out and went down to her shoulders, her light-brown eyes were wide and alive, and her skin was slightly darker than mine.

I saw my mum leave the house in the corner of my eye, her eyes lit up as soon as she saw him. I smiled at her as she walked to us and embraced me. She was frail and tired, but beautiful and strong at the same time.

Almost every person in the village stopped and looked at us. i elt my features turn serious when I saw a man step out of the same house my mother and sister had been in.

He was tall, broad and stronger than I was. His sharp edges were grim as he saw me. He made a face as if he had tasted something sour and I did the same.

"Aldo." I muttered.

"Jake." He said as he neared me, "If it isn't our beloved leader."

"Are you still jealous of my power over the pack?"

He scoffed and smirked, "You haven't been here for a year and a half now Pup. You left this pack to me."

"I don't remember saying you have permanent leadership, we all know who the alpha is Aldo."

That must've struck a chord with him, because the next thing I know he was yelling, "That's it! I challenge you!"

I felt my mother shake her head and my sister tense up.

I smiled at them as they moved away.

Aldo lunged at me, transforming in mid air.

I felt the buzzing take over my body in a matter of seconds. Just as I had transformed, he collided into me at full force.

We wrestled to the ground, his teeth sinking into my back, throat and jaw. I dug my claws into his eyes, receiving a yelp in return. He slammed his head into my side, I barrelled off him at the impact. I lunged at him, taking shoving him into the river.

I held him under the water, waiting, waiting, BAM! His face shot out of the water, no longer in wolf form. I felt the sense of triumph running through my vines one again.

Aldo looked at me with a fiery hate as my mother pulled him out of the water. I never liked him, I didn't know what my mother saw in him.

I felt a hand on my back, I looked to them. Melanie was looking shy as she held my fur. She looked over to the people around us, they were all looking at her with hate. I felt sorry for her, it was my fault she was in this position.

"What happened?" an old voice said from behind me.

I turned to the owner of the voice. An old woman was looking at Titania – who was being held by Shane. She nodded to Shane, "Come, we can cure her in my home."