Chapter 20 PART 2

Author's Note: OMG!!! Part two! I'm so happy i get to share this with you. Just letting you know that the rest of the story does move at a faster pace than the last part, but that's OK! Some of the readers have commented that they wanted the story to move a little faster so, i hit the speed button! i really hope you guys like this chapter and i hope you can find it in your big hearts to give a vote and, maybe, just maybe *gives biggest puppy-dog eyes* leave a comment and share???  I also wanted to say that any pictures i post are not mine! Anyways! Lets get to reading! 

Chapter 20

Bridgette

The carriage pulled up inside the kingdom. I could see her from here, through the bard cage. She didn't look at me, she didn't smile. She didn't do anything.

I shoved the guards out of the way and slammed the doors open. I reached inside the cage and embraced her, mumbling her name over and over, "Titania. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry Titania." But there was no response.

Harrison and Dane came through the crowd of people and saw what I saw – she was completely numb, her eyes were dead and her skin was cold and pale. I felt for her pulse and gasped in relief as I felt the slow, faint heartbeat.

Dane lifted her out of the cage and Harrison and I helped him shove through the nosy townspeople who crowded to see what was happening.

We brought her to her home and laid her down on her bed. The room hadn't been touched since she left a year ago.

Her father entered the room, he ran to her and embraced her in his arms. I could see the tears running down his face as he stroked her hair. He stopped stroking her hair after a minute, and instead he cried. He knew she was numb.

Jake and Melanie rushed into the room, I put a hand out and they stopped. I shook my head slowly. I saw their heads drop in sadness as they took in Titania's state.

Alex entered the room. He lowered his head and said something that sent me off the rails, "I'm sorry."

I lunged at him, tackling him to the ground, "Sorry?! You're sorry?! You don't get to be sorry! This is your fault!" I punched him in the face, I felt hands on me, pulling me off him, but I didn't stop yelling, "You killed her! You hear me!? You killed her!!!"

Alex left the room. Dane wrapped his arms around me, half trying to contain me and half trying to comfort me. I calmed down, restricted my yelling to mumbling, "It's his fault. It's his fault. It's all his fault."

...

Titania

I wanted to speak. I wanted to move, but I couldn't. My muscles weren't listening to me. So I just laid there, numb and tired and broken, as my father stroked my hair and sang to me as he sat next to my bed. He spoon fed me and never left me.

Bridgette would visit three times a day, morning, noon and night. She would sit there and talk to me like she did when I was in the dungeons, before I went through a year of unthinkable torture. The only thing in those labs that kept me going was my cellmate. He was my only comfort in the days we were jailed to the white tiled walls, he would joke with me and comfort me.

Bridgette

It had been two days since she arrived, and still, she hadn't spoken, moved or even looked at anything but the ceiling. I leant against the castle wall by the gates to the kingdom, watching people pass as they went about their lives, not realising everything that was happening. A carriage pulled into the kingdom – the same one that Titania was brought in. I tilted my head to the side with a questioning look.