~Chapter 13~ Not Just A Dream

Eve says "All of you, gather your things and make your way through the east tunnel that leads to the dungeons under my castle. We have set up temporary living arrangements for the surviving villagers. You all will be safe there. You will find food, and bedding for the night. In the morning we can discuss the long and short term plans for the survival of WindHelm." The Queen and her guards then disappear into the darkness of the east tunnel. "Well you heard the Queen. There's food! Lets go, I'm starving!" Cory says going through the east tunnel. "And a safe place to sleep! Do you know how long it's been since I've had a full night sleep!? I'm in!" Daphne says following Cory. "If we get lost, follow Cory. He can smell bread and beetroot soup from blocks away!" Fire says laughing at her own joke. I laugh as well. "Hey! I heard that!" We hear Cory yell from inside the tunnel. "But I don't mind leading the way. That means that I will be the first to get there!" He yells running down the passage. "Not of I can help it!" Fire yells back running inside the tunnel. As I make my way through the tunnel, I start a conversation with Ender. Hello Ender, I'm (Y/n)! It's nice to meet you!" I smile. She smiles as well. "Nice to meet you too." There was a little bit of awkward silence when I speak up. "So, tell me a bit about yourself." She thinks. "I'm from a north-east birch forest village named Merlot. Where are you from?" She asks. "Well... It's a long story.... If you want to know the truth, I'm not really from this world." I explain. "You mean like you're not from WindHelm? Or you're not from the Overworld?" She asks. " Well, it's hard to explain... This world is a game where I come from.." Her eyes widen. "Is it called...Minecraft?" "Yes! Yes it is!" She frowns. "It's the same with my sister and I. We somehow got sucked into this game which has become our reality. We can't seem to leave it, we have lost track of time in the real world." She explains. "Do you remember what happened?"  "I don't know exactly what happened, but the last thing I remember is someone giving us a seed to find Herobrine, and I think we found him. All I remember is Herobrine's glowing eyes on the screen."  "The same thing happened to me! All of this seems impossible but yet here we are!" I say. "My sister and I have tried to find a way out but nothing yet.. This game seems to be locked on survival mode, level hard. We don't know for sure.. But we think if we die in this game... We die in real life.." She exclaims. "Do you know any other players from the real world?" I ask. "Just my sister and I, and now you.. Of course rumor has it that Herobrine is from the real world too. He was..or is the brother of Notch who either died or vanished from the real world and is now is living in this game."  "This is shocking!"  "Yes it is, I have heard of experiments with artificial intelligence where human thought patterns were uploaded into a computer. In theory, giving life to the computer causing it to have thought patterns of its own. It is believed that Notch's brother was dying. Before he died, Notch uploaded his thought patterns into a super computer which also contained the new Minecraft game he was creating." I'm dumbfounded. "If this was true, this would explain a lot! I thought I was dreaming this but it seems not to be a dream. Whatever the case, we have to get out of here and try not to die." Cici breaks her silence and says "I am going die of hunger if I don't get any food!" We laugh. "Yes, we should catch up with the others before Cory eats all the food." I say walking into the tunnel, Cici and Ender following.