~Chapter 9~ Into The Nether!

I watch as Daphne builds the nether portal in record time. Daphne finishes building the portal and lights it. "Cory." Fire instructs, "Go through the portal first and secure the area. I will go last, hopefully the explosion will slow down Herobrine enough for us to get through the portal." As Cory vanishes through the portal, Daphne exclaims "I will go next, in case Cory needs help." Fire nods and Daphne too steps through and vanishes into the portal. Fire places her hand on my shoulder and asks "How are you feeling now?" I answer "I'm still a little weak and confused. I can't believe you guys found me! I thought I was going to die fifteen minutes ago and then you guys showed up!" Fire then says "We are not out of this yet. I don't know how much time we have left, but Herobrine will be coming for us soon. We have to get out of here! It's your turn next to go through the portal. Take out your sword and be prepared to fight, hopefully Daphne and Cory have secured the area." I step into the portal, taking one small glance at Fire who gives me a thumbs up. When the purple haze clears, I find myself inside a small Cobblestone room. "What the-"  "Hey (Y/n)!" Cory and Daphne welcome me. As my eyes adjust, I see them standing on either side of the portal holding diamond pickaxes. Cory mumbles "Come on Fire, come on Fire.." Just then the portal makes a whooshing sound and Fire steps out of the portal yelling  "Quick! Destroy the portal!" On que, Cory and Daphne start mining the obsidian on the portal. After the first block breaks and the purple haze is gone from the portal, we all let out a sigh of relief knowing that we have achieved the impossible.