Chapter Twenty Three

*im hoping you'll will like this chappy*

Chapter twenty three

“Are you being safe? Using condoms? Cause you know I’m too young to become an uncle.” I sigh and bang my head against the dumpster we’re hiding behind.

“This is not the best time to be calling J…” Whatever Jason said was lost in the curse Christopher decides to grace my ears with, followed by a grunt as he kicks one of the bikers.

“Are you’ll in the middle of… is he as big as I imagined?” Jason squeals in my ear as I spring up from my crouch and step in front of the little girl protectively. Smelly breath number two comes at us eying the girl and me disgustingly.

I roll my eyes and speak into the phone, “No we’re not…” as he comes at me I kick him in his left leg. Ignoring his roar of outrage,   I tuck my phone into my bra and send a punch in his direction and round house kick him around the head.

He goes down like a sack of potatoes.

After a quick look at Christopher and Mikyle and satisfied they can handle themselves I turn around and crouch in front of the little girl smiling at her like I didn’t just take down a man twice my size.

“Hey kid… you got a name?” I ask softly.

“None of your business lady.” At this bit of fire I laugh a little. She seemed to be a little rough around the edges and I liked that.

Judging by her slightly discoloured hair which looked to be a blonde and her dirty dress it looked like she was on the streets for some time.

“Damn you weren’t kidding when you said you could kick my ass!” Mikyle exclaims walking up to us.

“You okay there Ivy?” Christopher questions behind us and the girl shuffles a little closer to me.

Even if she seems older than her years in knowledge, she’s still a little girl who’s lost… “You don’t need to be scared okay? They may look ugly and scary but they’re the good guys.” I smile reassuringly.

“Hey,” Christopher pouts, “I think I’m hot, how about you little lady?” he strikes a silly pose, his grey eyes sparkling as he looks down at the girl hopefully and she giggles a little, pulling back to look at him.

I raise my eyebrow in surprise as I see her looking at Christopher up and down, “You're okay, I’ve seen better though.”

Christopher answers with a surprised laugh and Mikyle and I join in.

“Molly, my name’s Molly.” She grins sticking out her hand. “Well Molly,” I grin shaking her hand, “it’s nice to meet you sweetie.”

When we arrived at said bar with the intention of just stealing the cars back our plans were shot to hell when we saw men surrounding a little girl.

She glared up at the men defiantly and she didn’t seem afraid but a slight tremble in her little fists gave her away. She couldn’t be more than eight years old but she had the eyes of a girl that had seen more stuff than a girl her age should have.

As soon as I saw one of them reach out a hand to touch her strap of her dress I saw red and stepped in without a second thought. Apparently the big bullies didn’t like a girl roughing one of them up and soon enough there was a big brawl right behind the bar.

Christopher, wanting to be the protector- for whatever reason- pushed the girl and me behind the dumpster to take cover.

Like really? He’s a great fighter and all but it’s not like I’m a damsel in distress.