chapter seven- meet Jason and Mark

Chapter seven- meet Jason and Mark

“Didn’t you have anyone to say good bye to?” I ask Amber settling in the seat across from her. “I mean we left pretty quick.” I continue.

The smile she wore dimmed a little at my question and my curiosity peeked, but I pushed it down for now and waited for her to answer.

She blows out a breath slowly, “I’m not exactly speaking to the person I would have bothered to say good bye to.”

I raise my eyebrow at that while she turns to look out the window. “And I don’t even thinks he cares anyway” she mutters quietly.

I don’t think I was supposed to hear that so I ignore it and look out the window as well.

 I have three hours on this train with nothing to do.

Oh joy.

I glance back at Amber and frown when I catch her wiping a tear away. I’ve got to ask her why she left this place anyway to go to her brother. As far as I remember she still has two years left of studying and judging by the three suitcases she’s brought with her, she’s planning on staying quite a while with her brother.

“Hey Ivy, I’m going to get something to drink.” Amber gets up with a forced smile and wet lashes, “Want anything?”

I look at her for a few seconds and smile a little when her face heats up and she sniffs.

“No thanks, but when you come back I want to know who I have to beat up for you and why.”

 Even though I just met her, Amber already feels like a sister to me and, again, no one messes with family.

 She laughs a little and nods okay, but I can see in her eyes that she’s not going to tell me.

 Well if she’s not going to tell me soon I’m getting Jason and we’re going to ambush her about it and not let her go until we find out the reason. I have a feeling it’s about a guy but who am I to speculate about that. I have zero experience in the romance department.

 Not even with my ex-boyfriend.

 The only thing remotely close to having feelings for a guy was when Mystery Man was pressed up against me and I could feel his muscles… and his earthy smell… and his…- Get a grip! And stop thinking about him that way.

The only time I should think about him is when I try and figure out how he knew about me.

 The only explanation I have is that he may be one of Kradons men, but it doesn’t really make sense as he could have taken me easily when my guard was down when I first met him.

Another explanation I came up with was he could be someone like me.

Someone with power; someone with magic.

I mean I did say his eyes had stormy clouds in them. But I actually don’t want to think about that, I mean what if he was like me and a bad guy.

 I’ve already made up my mind that even though I’m getting framed for murder doesn’t mean I actually can kill people now. Even if they want to kill me, like Kradon and his men, I won’t.

 I’ll just deliver them to the police.

 If they work for Kradon, they have to be criminals and I don’t think the police will mind an unknown vigilante roping them up.

The think that annoys me though is that I don’t even know his name! Calling him Mystery Man all the time is a mouth full and irks me that he can get to me so easily when I don’t even know him.