Chapter Four- Whats her name again!?

*Please read authors note in the end*

Staring at my reflection in the mirror I realize I’ll never take down Kradon by myself. I needed help.

 And I have the perfect fighter for the job. I still don’t know what possessed me to speak to that guy, I mean it’s not like I  had a meaningful conversation with him or anything but it was still nice to actually speak to another person. Singing in the bathroom at random intervals does not count as interaction.

Tying back my now red hair, I take a second to mourn for the loss of my original hair color. Opening my eyes I look down and stare at my boxer shorts dumbly; still quiet not believing I didn’t notice that. I take off Mystery Mans Jacket and inhale the scent. It smelt of cinnamon and wind… I am so weird!

 Crouching down next to my discarded bag I pull out a pair of jeans and put them on swiftly. Next I put on my ripped Bring Me Back Horizon tee-shirt and stuff the jacket in the bag. I grab red lipstick and smear it on my lips. Red was never my color it was too distracting for my taste, but if I’m pretending to be someone else I might as well go wild. Looking in the mirror I jut out my bottom lip and place my fake lip ring in it.

I need to phone Jake. If anyone will help me it’ll be him.

I wonder if I should call him now or I should just jump on the train and go to his house.

 Uninvited. Yeah that sounds better, it’s not like I’d get into that much trouble.

Taking an inventory of the station toilets I notice a women coming out one of the cubicles.

 When did she get here?

 Upon closer inspection I realize she doesn’t look that much older than me, maybe twenty one.

 She notices me staring and she eyes me fearfully. I frown confused until I see her clutch her handbag to her side and briskly walk to the wash basin. She thinks I’m a bag snatcher. Well, I think. Why wouldn’t she when I look like this?

Thick kohl, red lipstick, lip ring, ripped jeans and sneakers; I probably look like a delinquent.

I catch her looking at me through the mirror and smile at her. Her spirally blond hair bounced as she flinched away. Frowning I place all my clothes back in my back pack. Looking at her I realize she resembles someone. Thinking back to whom it could be, Jakes green eyes pop into my head.

 Walking over to her I look at her closely, wondering if this could be the sister Jake told me about. What would the odds of that been the case though?

 She freezes once she sees me come over, biting her bottom lip as though she’s debating something in her head. Maybe she thinks I’m going to mug her, I muse, and trying to think how fast she’d be able to get to the door.

 She certainly looks like him, I think. And she looks in her early twenties. What was her name? 

Jake used to talk about his sister all the time and I can’t even remember her name! Jeez I’m seriously the worst best friend ever.

Clearing my throat I open my mouth to speak, “Hello.”

 Wow, talking to two people in a day, I’m on a roll. Jumping slightly from the sound of my voice she gives a stiff nod of acknowledgement and turns to walk away. Looking at my reflection one last time and satisfied nobody would recognize me I turned and followed her out the door.

 “Hey do you know when the next train to Seattle is getting in?” I walk beside her to the front of the train station waiting for her to answer my question.

Getting frustrated that she’s not answering me I snap, "Look I’m not going to rob you if that’s what you’re thinking, I have enough money of my own!”

Letting out a calm breath, I smirk, “Now what would Jake think of his sister, not helping out a fellow human being as he said you’re studying to become a child psychologist.”

That sure stopped her! I blink and stumble as she whirls around to face me, blonde locks all over her face. “Who are you? What do you want?” she asks curiously. She freezes before I can answer and continues to speak fiercely, “Is he fighting again? He promised he stopped! Does he owe you money or something because I don’t know where to find him” she turns around again and stiffly walks away.

Chancing it I scream out to her back, “Ever heard of someone named Reagan?” stopping once I again she turns to look at me carefully. “No you can’t be her, Jake said she has black hair…” she trails off and walks slowly towards me while I stand and stare at her unblinking.

“It’s called hair dye, and I need to find your brother as soon as possible so can you please tell me when that train is coming?”

“If it is you then tell me the one thing only you and I will know about him” she folds her arms waiting.

Gesturing her closer like I’m about to whisper in her ear, I smile conspiringly, “He lost his virginity to his cousin Jenny at your aunts wedding. He didn’t know they were related and she was putting the moves on him, so he lost it in the coat room” and then I burst out laughing when I remember his face as he told me. He was as Red as a tomato and stuttering through it the whole story.

Realizing I’m been stared at by his sister I shut up and wait for her to say something. Finally she gets over her shock and hugs me, taken by surprise I just stand there like an idiot.

What can I say; I’m not much of a hugger.

“It is you! He’d never tell anyone else that embarrassing story, I’m so glad to finally meet you, but why are you dressed up this way?” she pulls back and waits for the explanation.

 Clearing my throat from such an act of familiarity, I uncomfortably disentangle myself from her arms and smile wanly at her, “I’d love to explain everything to you but I think I should tell my story while Mark and Jake are there as well”

“Oh yes I understand” she smiles. “You’re as beautiful as Jake described you though I’m curious to know why you’d hide that with this” she gestures to my outfit.

“The train leaves here at eight tomorrow morning,” she looks at my back pack. “You can stay at my hotel tonight with me if you want” she smiles.

 “I’d love that thank you” I smile gratefully, feeling the lack of sleep sneaking up on me. A few hours of sleep will do wonders to my frazzled brain and it’ll give me time to phrase my story to Jakes sister since she knows I’m being framed for murder but not sure why…

“AMBER!” I scream out in sudden realization.

 “What!’ she screams back. Laughing I answer, “I just remembered your name.”

Shaking her head, she laughs with me. “Come on lets go idiot”

 I stare at her back for a few seconds in shock then shake my head and smile. Amber and I are going to get on just fine; I think and follow her to the hotel.

*so yes i know its been an extremely long time since i've updated but it really wasn't my fault  and now that i have nothing holding me back from posting, chapters will be up as soon as possible. I haven't really written much in the months i didn't have my laptop for obvious reasons but now that i have it back the creative juices are just flowing :) so expect the next chapter by late tonight or early morning tomorrow!*

Shay