Chapter Twelve- Lesson One

Chapter twelve

My heads pounding, my muscles are aching and my tongue feels like it took a walk in the Sahara desert. Simply put, its feels like I am suffering from a major hangover

 With my eyes still closed, I try and remember what had happened last night and where the hell I am now. I open my senses to the world and take a deep breath smelling something really sterile, like a hospital.

I don’t want to appear awake just in case I’m not really in a friendly environment. It may seem like I’m paranoid, but I’m not taking my chances.

 When the word hospital skits across my brain, and images appear; the club, the office, Christopher… the thugs… getting stabbed, grey eyes...

My eyes shoot open and I sit up groaning.

I’m not in a hospital, I note, but I am in a room as equally as boring and white as a hospital room should be. The door bursts open and I catch a flash of blonde curls just before a massive weight crashes into me.

“Reagan! You’re okay! I was so worried you were going to die, you were so pale and the blood! There was so much blood!” Amber babbles and I grit my teeth from snapping at her.

 I know she’s just worried but my head is paining like a mother, her screaming in my ear is not helping it. “Amber let go! You’re hurting me, as you can see I’m fine so chill out.” she lets me go and takes a step back apologising.

She’s wearing a baby blue polar neck and skinny jeans today.

She looks fresh, I think.

“Where am I?” I take a look around the room, seeing its quiet boring with nothing other than the bed I’m on and a random looking SpongeBob painting hanging on the wall.

“You’re in the ‘rest room’” she does air quotations.

“I told Jase to put you in your bedroom but he didn’t want to. You’re still in the house; we didn’t want to risk you going to hospital in case someone recognised you.”

“That was probably a good I idea.” I start, but then stop suddenly when I realise my side is not throbbing, which, from experience, should after getting stabbed. I whip the cover of me and stare confused at my side.

There should at least be a bandage on it, but all I see is a pink line where the stab wound was.

“Woah” I hear Amber breath as she steps closer to get a better look. Maybe I was out for longer than I thought and that’s why I’m healed. “When he said he’d help you, I’d never think this much.” I hear Amber mumble.

“What? Who’s he?” I ask sharply looking at her.

Amber winces and I instantly regret my tone, “That cute guy Chris. When the guys came back to the car, I saw Chris carrying you. Which he looked super-hot doing so.” she winked.

 I roll my eyes and ignore the fact she called him Chris and not Christopher. “Anyway,” she continues.

“Jase was freaking out- he didn’t know what to do, but Chris didn’t waste any time and ordered Jase to the house. We got to the house; Jase directed Chris here and was pretty pissed when Chris slammed the door in his face.”

 Amber laughed. “We tried getting in here but after a few hours he came back out told us not to bother you.”

Amber waves her hand in my direction. “I guess he brought you back from the brink of death or something; you were bleeding everywhere and barely breathing.” 

I was speechless, my eyes wide. Was I hurt that badly? It didn’t seem like it at the time, but it must have been deeper. So Chris healed me. With his magic? That’s the only way I could heal this quickly.