Chapter Ten- not edited

Chapter Ten

It’s been a week and a half since I came to Jasons house and to say I’m sick and tired of staying in the house would be an understatement. Jason had become all Big Brother on me and wouldn’t let me out of the house.

I put my foot down though when he actually tried to stop me from going on my runs, yes it could be dangerous but the only person I was worried about was Kradon; the rest of his minions I could take easily.

I haven’t seen Christopher since that day in the forest and I don’t know whether I should be grateful he’s not messing with me anymore or pissed that he’s not here to help me with my powers.

When Jason heard that Christopher was going to help me, he was not happy at all. Imagine a bull and you were taunting it with a red scarf, yeah that’s how pissed he was. I explained to him that Christopher would be a great help in bringing Kradon down, but he wouldn’t listen. He believes that Christopher can’t be trusted, which I agreed to at some degree. If he actually does come to help me I’d have professional; find out why he’s helping me and what’s in it for him.

In the meantime though, I took up the art of meditation. Something about it helping me centre myself and whatnot. It was difficult to become so relaxed to the point of going into myself but I finally got the hang of it. Been that relaxed actually helped me in finding my powers within myself. First I had imagined myself in total darkness and then suddenly my mind was opened. I could see something glimmering in the distant darkness and my sub conscious followed the path to it. It began to glow brighter the closer I got to it.

Every day I had enough time to meditate and each time I did, the glowing ball glowed brighter until I thought it would burst out of me if it had to glow anymore. When that happens though, I stop meditating; afraid of what would happen if it did get brighter.

Lately I’ve been having nightmares of red eyes and weird looking fang teeth. At first I thought it was my mind playing trick on me with the whole warped vampire version dreams, but the dreams have been coming more frequently and it’s getting to the point where I can’t sleep. Which was seriously pissing me of since sleeping was the only time I could imagine myself on the beach in a bikini sipping a martini with a shirtless Taylor Lautner. I haven’t mentioned this to anyone and I’m not planning too either.

One evening when I was in my room reading Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, I heard the most peculiar noise coming from across the hall. I opened my door to listen more but had promptly shut it again when I heard Jason make a really disturbing noise. Three guesses as to what they were up too, so I guess they didn’t care that they had visitors anymore since every night after that ended with me hearing Jason moan to Mark. It was disturbing as hell!

Amber and I got closer each day, training together as soon as the sun expands over the horizon.

“Are you going to ever tell me where you learnt to fight like that?” I ask her while we’re catching our breath on the grass. She was quiet for a few seconds.

“Three months ago I went to a club with a few girls who I thought where my friends, they invited me to go with them and been a complete loner I am went, wanting to have some fun once in my life.” She shrugged and I stayed quiet waiting for her to continue.

“It was going great until one of them thought it was funny to spike my drink and leave me alone with a complete creep, he grabbed me and pulled me outside saying he wanted a place to talk quietly. I guess I was so out of it that I did go outside with him, some sense returned to me when I realised what he wanted.”

I stiffened and narrowed my eyes thinking of that basterd that tried to hurt my friend. Amber smiled at me a little and carried on with her story.

“I remember trying to push him off me, but he was too strong. He managed to rip my blouse open and I thought he was actually going to get what he wanted. I also remember that as soon as I thought that he was pulled away from me and got punched in the face.” She grinned then.

“The guy that pulled the creep of me? His name is Andrew. The bad boy of the university and a player that humped and dumped like no other. I couldn’t believe it was him, there, helping me get off the floor.” She blushed as she recalled a memory and I raise an eyebrow at her smirking.

 “So he the one that taught you how to fight?”

“Yeah, something like that, but that’s a story for another day.” She gets up abruptly and dusts herself off, offering me a hand she continues, “Come on, we should get showered and ready.”

He gang was going to a club tonight. It belonged to Kradon and the plan was to get into the office to find out where he is hiding out. Phase one of the plan.

*short and crappyish? Yes. Exams are just around the corner and I have to focus on them, my marks this term will determine if I get an early acceptance into university or not. This is important for me so please bear with me? Also if I get more than 15 votes on this chapter I’ll wright a short story on Amber and Andrew and incorporate him in this story as well. So go vote if you want the full story of Amber and Andrew : )*