Chapter Twenty-Four - Kiss

~Chapter Twenty-Four - Who Needs Double Dates?~

Two Months Later...

"We should really get going if we're gonna get there on time," I told Noah two months later, not making any move to get out of his warm embrace.

Right now we were laying in the treehouse, warm sun glittering through the wooden window and bathing out skin in its warm glow. Noah's arms were wrapped around me, and I felt so safe and secure that I could've stayed in his embrace forever.

"Do we have to?" Noah asked. "I just wanna lie here."

"Me, too," I agreed. "But our friends are waiting for us..."

He placed a soft kiss on the top of my head, and my eyes fluttered shut at the feel of his soft lips. "Can you believe we made it here?" I asked him, my voice coming out more of a murmur than a normal speaking voice.

"What do you mean?" Noah asked, leaning back to look into my eyes. His were soft and brown and enticing, and they made my mind swim.

"You know, here," I replied. "Actually loving each other. We've hated each other since fourteen, and now we're here, lying in your treehouse, talking about the future and what it has in store for us."

"I never hated you," Noah pointed out. "Remember? I was still in love with you."

His words sent tingles down my spine, and with the cool air around us, the warm sun gleaming down on us and his arms around me, the moment was bittersweet. This was how I wanted to spend the rest of my life. In love with Noah. It would be a dream come true to share my life with him for the rest of eternity.

God, love had made me such a sap.

I sat up and stared into his eyes, slowly putting my arms around his neck and leaning closer, until we were flush against each other. His body radiated heat, and his hazel eyes flashed at the close proximity. His lips parted as I leant closer, and my head swum at how close we were to each other. I doubted I'd ever get used to the idea of being able to call Noah mine. I didn't know if I'd ever be able to stand being close to him without feeling like I was going to have a heart attack at any given moment. It was impossible not to get dizzy at how unbelievably handsome he was, and how close his lips were to mine.

He shifted me so that we were facing each other, and he stared tenderly into my eyes. Inside his hazel eyes were flecks of green and gold, and his lips were soft and kissable as he whispered, "I love you, Marley. Always have, always will." He said it so casually, as if he wasn't aware of the fact that it drove me crazy.

"I love you, too, Noah," I replied back breathlessly, feeling as if the world were tilting at different angles. Every place where we touched was like a live wire, burning and electrifying.

Finally, he brought his lips down on mine, and his were soft and feather-light. His lips were gentle, but soon turned more crushing and passionate. Our lips moved in perfect synchronization, and I almost passed out at how amazing it felt. Butterflies swarmed in my stomach, and I pulled him closer, tugging gently at the back of his neck.

He pulled back and stared into my eyes, tucking one of my loose brown curls behind my ears with fingers that were as soft as a whisper.

"Do we still need to go?" Noah asked with the slightest smirk.

I brought my lips back to his as I whispered, "Nah. I think we still have a little time."

~      *      ~

"Are you sure about this?" Noah asked as he pulled up outside of Betsy's Diner, the grumbling of his pick-up truck slicing through the warm night. "I mean, this could get chaotic."