Epilogue

“Marley, it’s time to go.”

            I looked over my shoulder to see Chaska and Ciara standing there grinning at me, their hair perfectly curled and their dresses a soft lilac color.

            I sighed and turned back to look at myself in the full-length mirror that stood in the attic of the church. At my dress that was long and ivory silk, pooling around my feet into a six-foot train. The dress was tight and corseted, with one thick strap and a soft neckline.

            I smoothed the corset and turned around, grabbing the bouquet of lilies Chaska proffered. I smiled at her.

            “You ready?” Ciara asked, twirling lightly in her knee-length bridesmaid gown.

            I quickly looked back in the mirror to make sure I looked OK, and nodded. “Yeah, I’m ready.”

            They led me down the stairs and towards the corridor, where the music began to play. Ciara hugged me and let out a tiny squeal, before the doors opened and she took the arm that Jake offered her. Not only was Jake the brother of the bride, he was also one of the groomsmen, and fiancé of one of the bridesmaids.

            Slowly they walked down the aisle, and I kept out of sight so that Noah wouldn’t see me before I took my first steps down the aisle.

            Chaska stepped forward and gave me a grin. “Well, it’s my turn. See you down the aisle, girl.”

            She hugged me as well, before clearing her throat and taking her place in line. The doors opened and she began walking forward and through them, where Kale offered his arm.

            She looped hers through effortlessly, and they glided down the red carpet. Though they weren’t engaged or married yet, I knew it was only a matter of time. I took a few calming breaths and stepped into place.

            I was about to get married.

            I was about to become Marley Jayne Fordman.

            Mrs. Noah Fordman. 

            I stepped up to my spot, and soon the doors opened and I was walking through them.

            My dad, Cole, stepped up to take my arm, and together we started down the aisle.

            The crowd all stood and turned towards me, and I spotted so many familiar faces amongst them. I smiled a little as I continued forward, spotting Maggie Collins—Ciara’s mom—and Amber Constantine—Chaska’s mother.

            Then my eyes fell on my soon-to-be husband.

            No words could describe the amount of love written plainly in those hazel orbs as he watched me, the corner of his mouth lifting up into a genuine, breathtaking smile that made my knees wobble.

            I made my way to him, and he took my hand. “You look beautiful,” he whispered to me, and there was a collective’ aw’ from the crowd.

            I smiled and looked around the crowds. My dad took his seat next to my mom, Annie Adams, and she was clutching a wrinkly tissue, her eyes red and puffy, and my father smiled encouragingly up at us.

            Then there was Noah’s parents, Grace and Matt. Matt was grinning up at us, watching us both, and Grace was clutching onto my mother, sobbing. I let out a small laugh at the sight.

            The priest began the service, and I barely even heard what he was saying.

            “Noah, please repeat after me,” the priest instructed.

            “I, Noah Matthew Fordman,” the priest began.

“I, Noah Matthew Fordman,” Noah repeated, staring down at me so much that I completely forgot the priest was telling him what to say. His voice was drowned out, and all I could hear was Noah. “Take thee, Marley Jayne Adams, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and health, for as long as we both shall live.”

            I grinned at him, and swallowed thickly, as the priest said, “Marley Jayne Adams, please repeat after me.”

            “I, Marley Jayne Adams, take thee, Noah Matthew Fordman, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and health, for as long as we both shall live.”

            “Noah Matthew Fordman, do you take Marley Jayne Adams, to be yours from this day forward?” the priest asked.

            “I do,” Noah replied.

            “And do you, Marley Jayne Adams, take Noah Matthew Fordman, to be yours from this day forward?”

            I bit my lip and nodded. “Hell, yeah.”

            Noah laughed as the priest said, “Then, by the power invested in me by the state of New York, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Noah, you may now kiss your bride.”

            “With pleasure,” Noah replied easily, before stepping forward and supplying me with out first kiss as a married couple.

            We pulled apart after a few seconds, and I turned to the crowd.

            There was Chaska and Ciara, whooping and cheering wildly as if we weren’t in a church—a sacred place. Standing next to them was Kale and Jake, who were doing much the same thing as the girls.

            Then there was my family. Phoenix sat in the front row next to Ella, both fifteen, and I grinned at them. I know that I used to hate it when my mother and Noah’s mother used to believe that Noah and I would get married one day, but now I was kind of rooting for Ella and Phoenix to get together, as well.

            They were both cheering and clapping, but since they were both enemies—that really seemed to run in both of our families—they were trying to keep as far away from each other as possible. I laughed at the sight.

            Then my mom and dad sat there, cheering us on and even dad had a tear in his eye as he watched his little girl get married. Mom was sobbing like a baby, and it brought a smile to my face.

            Then Aunt Gracie and Uncle Matt sat there, cheering us on as well, and I finally felt like everyone else was finally here with us.

            Grace turned to my mom and winked, and my mother winked back. Ah, so they were winking at the fact that their plan for us to get married had worked.

            Then Aunt Grace turned to Matt and whispered something to him that I could barely catch, “Pay up.” Oh, yeah, they had made a bet we would get married.

            I turned to the crowd and took Noah’s hand, before yelling out, “Let’s get this party started!”

~      *      ~

And, we're done :)

Hope you guys enjoyed this book. I know we went through our ups and downs, but I hope in the end this book turned out the way you guys wanted it to.

Remember that the third and final book in the series, All Bets Are Off, is now up on Wattpad, so go check it out for more dramas. I think you guys will like this one a lot.

Vote, comment, fan, and thank you for reading, my lovelies.

xXx