"secret" || theo raeken

Your ongoing desire to keep your relationship with Theo a secret was getting on that same boy's nerves. No matter how hard he tried to convince you that everyone would be okay with it, that nobody would ridicule or isolate you for it, you wouldn't budge. While he admired your stubbornness, enough was enough.

He wanted nothing more than to show you off, to proclaim to the entire world (or, rather, town) that you were his girlfriend and you were not available under any circumstances. Plus, he really liked PDA.

So, he took matters into his own hands.

At lunch the next day at school, he purposely brought your sweater along, handing it to you with a bright smile in front of the entire pack.

"Here, you left this at my house last night," he grinned, eyes glinting with mischief when he placed it in your lap. "I had a lot fun, by the way," he drawled, taking a seat next to you. You narrowed your eyes at him, but he didn't see, he was too busy chatting away with the pack while a million different excuses you could give them flew through your head.

"Why were you at his house yesterday?" Stiles interrogated you, propping his elbows up on the table. Always the clever one. Theo looked over at you, smiling again, daring you to answer the question wrong.

"We were studying," you replied, your voice slightly shaky. It wasn't a lie, not exactly, which was why you had chose that particular sentence. It had started out as an innocent study session, but both of you had been well aware that you were going to end the night with something other than study. Theo looked impressed with your determination to keep the secret from getting out.

"I'm talking about after that, cutie," he laughed, taking your hand in his under the table. You nearly jumped out of your chair, snatching your hand back and sliding a bit more to your left, cheeks tinted bright red. Everyone's heads turned to look at the both of you; Theo with a happy smirk planted on his lips, you feeling incredibly flustered. "If you're telling me you don't remember that, you're lying. Isn't she adorable?" He smiled adoringly at you while the pack gave one another confused glances.

"Very intense game of scrabble, I won, see you guys later," you hurriedly packed away your books, standing up from the table and almost - almost - getting away clean when Theo's voice chimed in, "Oh, yeah, lasted nearly all night. The scrabble, of course."

"What were you guys studying?" Lydia asked, genuinely curious. You inwardly groaned, stopping in your tracks as Theo answered the question with another cheeky smile.

"Chemistry."

"Since when do we take Chemistry?" Malia wondered, hoping she hadn't accidentally skipped out on an entire class.

"I don't know about you guys, but Y/N and I have Chemistry together. Lots of it. Everyday, even," he's stressed, almost feeling bad when you scowled at him, turning away from your friends quickly.

"I hate you," you growled under your breath at him as you left the table, cheeks still flushed and your heart pounding a million miles a minute. He stood up as well, bidding the pack goodbye before chasing after you, slinging an arm around your shoulders.

"You love me, you told me so last night," he mumbled in your ear, pecking your cheek lightly.

"What are you trying to do?" You asked him in a hushed voice as the pack followed you all into class, Scott and Malia listening intently to the conversation you were having.

"I'm trying to tell the pack that we're together without actually telling them," he explained as if you hadn't understood that before. "I thought it was obvious?"

"It is, I just thought we were going to keep it a secret for a little longer. I'm nervous to tell them, if I'm going to be honest. I don't know how they're going to react. Keeping it a secret is just easier, okay?" He plopped down in the desk next to you, shooing away the boy who usually sat there. He reached out of your hand again, and this time you let him take it, well aware that all of your friends were watching you with wide, incredulous eyes.

"We shouldn't have to hide our relationship because you're afraid our friends won't approve of it," he said, leaning forward to tuck your hair behind your ear. He had better access to your lips that way, he thought, it would be easier to kiss you if your hair wasn't in your face. "I love you. I'm not afraid to show it. Or scream it off the top of a building. So can we stop this act of pretending we aren't together, or can I kiss you right here in the middle of English?" In his head, he chanted, second option second option second option until you grabbed the front of his shirt and kissed him forcefully and unabashedly. He was taken by surprise for a minute before he responded, arms sliding around your waist.

You only pulled away when the teacher cleared their throat, and you weren't even embarrassed about it. Kissing your boyfriend in class felt surprisingly great, especially because all the girls (and even some boys) hoping to get with glorious Theo Raeken turned away looking upset, some actually angry. You didn't care. You swiveled in your seat to stare at the pack, who were grinning at you and Theo and not at all looking like they were upset about this sudden plot twist.

"Uh, surprise," you shrugged, laughing lightly at their somewhat shocked expressions.

"I called it," Scott said, smiling at the both of you. "You usually have his scent on you, which gets really confusing, but explains a lot I guess."

"You guys are really cute together," Lydia gushed, sending her support. You sighed with relief, finally glad that you could hold Theo's hand in the middle of class and not have to worry about someone catching you. Sure, the secret had been exciting, but nothing beats the light feeling in your head as Theo's warm hand quite literally engulfs your own, as he sends you a beautiful smile, even though he thinks you're not looking.