Prologue

All parts of this story are thought up and written by me. If you're planning on posting it elsewhere or copying parts, please let me know. 

Sarah x

When you meet someone, generally you either like or dislike them, right? You want to be their friend or you don't. There's always that decision to make. But what happens if you don't know how to make that decision. What if there's more to them that meets the eye, and you know that you should stay away from them, but at the same time, you want to stay and find out what that more is. 

When I met Luke Hemmings for the first time, it was like two puzzle pieces with different edges. I was a middle piece. Someone willing to become friends with anyone who fits. Luke, on the other hand, was a corner. Someone who stayed secluded and only let a few people in. Something told me I needed to stay away. That he was going to hurt me. But I never wanted to listen to my head. 

I mean, I ran away from my entire life for a dream. Something my heart has been telling me since I was six years old. My head, on the other head, told me to stay at home. That was was putting myself up for failure. But if I listened to my head, I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't have met the strange boy in C block, and I most definitely wouldn't be telling this story. 

I was just a normal girl from the suburbs. Someone who had three friends that were trusted, but got on with the rest of the grade. I had a passion for reading, wearing beanies but mostly singing. I was the definition of the nerdy girl in most romance books. 

Luke was the boy my mother always warned me to stay away from. He had that lip piercing, and he had that dark ora around him, but Luke was my happiness. Luke was my warmth. Luke was my courage. But Luke was broken.

And I, Elizabeth Rose Taylor, wanted nothing more than to help him through whatever he refused to tell me. I just needed him to trust me. But through that, there were obstacles. There were hard decisions. There were feelings. 

Though, it takes a lot to trust someone. No matter how open you are as a person, you don't really trust anyone until you've understood their troubles. Their life decisions. Their story. 

Trust - Forming a bond with someone. Putting confidence in one; knowing you can rely on them for anything 

But this book isn't just about getting the shy guy to trust me, or to tell me his deep dark secret. It's about me. My life goals. My strength as a person. 

It just so happens that earning that blonde boys trust was a huge part of those three short words. 

I needed him, and he needed me, and together, we needed eachother.