Aquaris 21

"Focus Aquema." Quesia states with a warning voice.

We are training yet again. Now we have moved on to powers. I must say, it's pretty complicated, and it's making me nervous.

After all, who wouldn't be when they have the capability to blow up the whole kingdom?

"I'm trying.." I say gritting my teeth with the struggle.

"Then your trying too hard. Listen to me. Relax. Clear your mind of all other things. If you do this, you will be able to fully concentrate."

I do as she says. Loosening my muscles, I close my eyes and let out a deep breathe. All my thoughts flow out of my head. After this, I feel much more clear and open.

"Okay," I sigh. "I'm ready."

"Good." Quesia nods. "Now, let's start again. Hold out both of your hands."

I do as she says and she continues. "Right. Then put one over the other like your holding an imaginary ball. Remember, keep loose."

I move my hands into position, taking her reminder to keep loose.

"Next, send a pulse through your palms. But keep your hands close together. Don't get frightened and pull them apart. You could blow us all up that way."

"Well that's comforting." I say sarcastically.

Somehow, I manage to send a like of energy through my palms. My hands heat up. I almost pull back as it gets quite hot, but I stop seeing it would probably be better to burn than blow everybody up.

The heat and energy swirl off my hands and into a small floating ball between my hands. The heat is now declining, seeing it has somewhere else to go.

I stare wonderfully at the little ball I just created.

"Great! Now, throw it at the target. Carefully! Take good aim."

I do as she says and raise my right hand. The ball follows my hand as I pull it back. I aim and surge it forward through the water. The ball flings from my hand, and smacks straight into the pineapple. It let's off a small explosion, sending blue sparks flying all around.

"That's awesome!" I grin widely. I just used one of my powers!

"Nice! It truly is." She smiles back at me. "Well let's have another to at it. This time, try to make the ball a little bit bigger."

I eagerly nod and begin to form a ball. As it formed, I pulled my hands apart slightly so the ball would expand.

"Right there. That should be good."

I lift my arm yet again, and release it. The ball hits the exact same spot as the smaller one had. There was a bit bigger explosion and more sparks than the other.

"Perfect!" Quesia praises. "Congratulations Aquema. You just learned how to use your first power!"

"It's so cool! What power do I get to learn next?" I bounce around excitedly.

"Woah slow down. Alright let's do another power." She chuckles at me.

I quickly stop and stand quietly at attention.

"Okay, with this power, you can do something quite neat.." Quesia informs me.

"Neater than the other one?" I ask curiously.

"You could say that. It's not exactly anything that explodes, but it's still really cool."

"Well what is it?!"

"Patience silly." She glances amusedly at me.

I pout at her.

"Okay, this one is in your tail. You need to pretend like you have legs, and try to force them apart."

"What?" Now I'm confused.

"Just do it. It's hard to explain."

Doubtful, I obey. It's really odd trying to force my tail opposite directions. But as I am doing this, a blue line begins to glow down the center of my tail. I look down in awe! Slowly, my tail splits into two, and blue sparks swirl and crack around the two pieces until I can't even see them anymore. The sparks suddenly cease. What I am looking at now, is more amazing than I can describe. My tail... I have two. Two tails. They are both radiant blue with long flowing fins. But there's something else. On the base of the fins. Where they meet up with my tail, there is a hard spike. There are two on each tail. Back and front. It's the perfect weapon!

"Woah...." Is all I can whisper.

"Ta da!" Quesia is looking at my tails proudly. Wanna learn how to use them?"

"You bet!"

"Well come on then! Attack the target."

I smirk and surge forward with full confidence. Swimming around the pineapple I smack one of my tails into it. It leaves a small dent in its hard surface. Twirling, I strike it with both of my tails.

Once I get enough practice in, I stop. Panting, I make my way back to Quesia.

"Nice going!" She compliments.

"Thanks! So what about the other powers?"

She frowns. "I'm afraid that's all I can show you. I don't know what other powers you have. You must discover the others within your self. It may take time, so you've got to be patient. The quicker you learn about yourself deep inside, the quicker you will find them."

"Oh.. Okay. This should be fun."

Well this got more complicated.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*************************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Training has finished and gone well. Everything seems pretty normal. I'm glad there are no more people who want me dead around, like Sespin did. I can live my time of training in peace!

Well, right now I'm just wandering around the streets. I've been needing some alone time, and this seems just perfect.

I will never get over the beauty of this place.. It mesmerizes me to no end. The simplest details stand out like a cloud in a blue sky. It's so perfect. No one back home would ever notice these tiny things. Like the small vines creeping their way up the sides of the rough stone buildings. Or the tiny fish swimming in and out of holes in random boulders neatly placed here and there, fitting right in with the scenery. Or the way the sunlight trailed it's rays all the way down here in this deep water. It casts glorious streaks of sunlight shimmering all around, and lights up everything with a magnificent glow. Humans would never notice these small details. They are too busy, too caught up, and too unconscious to take note of all the amazing things around them. It's a shame. It's hard to ever imagine I was once one of those simple minded humans. It makes me all the more grateful I became a mermaid.

Lost in my thoughts, I found myself on the outskirts of the city. Out here, it's pretty much abandoned, accept for a few scattered homes where elderly mer's live. They prefer the peace and quiet rather than the bundling excitement of the city's innermost. Besides those few houses, there are tall plants and numerous boulders. It's a great place to be alone.

I swam around one of the boulders, passing a old grey house. Around a few more twisting and turning boulders, I found a perfect spot. With stone walls wrapping into a circle, leaving an opening to enter in, is a little secluded area. It has a hole in the far side of the wall and a ledge just below that, trailing along the whole wall. I moved forward and sat myself down on the ledge, looking out the window. It has tall reeds in the way of any view, so I push them aside. Now I can see a row of luscious pink coral and green reeds stretching far up scattered all around. It looks pretty!

"Settle down!"

I hear a voice call out from somewhere outside of my little hideaway. Curious, I listen some more.

"Hush or someone will hear us."

The voice speaks again. I want to find out who doesn't want to be heard, so I carefully swim out and loose myself in the midst of the reeds, hoping they will be some cover to hide me.

"No ones gonna hear us out here. We are too far from the city." A different voice says.

I continue along, following the noise of the voices.

"The old man might."

I stop. The voices are pretty loud now, and easy to hear. I shouldn't go any closer until I find out what's going on.

I hear a snort. "He won't say anything. If he does, well, he knows what will happen."

The other voice replies. "I still don't want to take any chances... Anyway, what about the issue at hand?"

"Yeah yeah. It'll get done. Don't worry. I've got plenty of ideas."

"It better. Now get outa here before someone finds us."

"Alright. See ya."

I keep my place in the reeds, not wanting to bump into one of these people at a bad time. Once I think it's been long enough for them to have gone, I peek out.

The coast seems clear, so I swim fully out and take a look around. There's no one around, and no trace of where they went.

Oh well, I should mind my own business anyway. I turn to go back the way I came from when I bump into something hard.

I look up and see someone I wouldn't have expected.

Lankris.

"Lankris? What are you doing here?"

He smiles at me, his eyes searching mine. "Just going for a swim. What about you? Isn't this a little far out of the city for you to be?"

I shrug. "I wanted to be alone for a bit and found myself here."

He nodded slowly, his eyes still not leaving mine.

"Well...," I started awkwardly, aware of his gaze. "I'd better get going. See you around."

I swam around him and started back as he said goodbye.

I got thinking and... No way. Is Lankris one of the people who were talking secretively out there?

I thought better of it, scolding myself for thinking such a thing, and just went with what he said that he was going for a swim.

But still... There was something strange about him.

I just can't put it together thought.

Then it hit me. His eyes. They weren't the usual light green eyes he always has. They were... Black. Plain black. No color at all...

A shiver washes up my spine.

Why were they black?

"Hey!" A sharp voice causes me to start.

I look over to my left and see I am at the front of the stone gray house I passed on my way here. But now there is an old merman standing on his doorstep. His gray tail matches his gray hair. Altogether the man looks pretty frail, but there is still some sparking fire in his eyes.

He calls out again. "What are you doing here?!"

I open my mouth to speak, but nothing comes out.

He eyes me up and down, then speaks again. "You that prophesied mermaid?" It came out more as a grunt.

I simply nodded.

His eyes warm up and he seems less dismissive. "Well I'll be.." He said quietly, probably to himself. Then he adds, "Your welcome to come in for some fish tea."

I relaxed and smiled at the old mer. "Thank you. I'd like that." This man seems like he would be nice once I get to know him.

I swim up to the man's door and he welcomes me inside.

My mouth drops in shock as I step into the first room. And it's not because of the fact I'm getting fish tea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! :D

Technically, it's still Monday. So I updated on time. Yay.

Hope y'all like it! Long update!

Not sure when the next update will be. Writing this story is a hobby for me. I can't be caught up in it 24/7. Lol, surprisingly, I actually have a life that I need to live outside of this story.

Also, thanks for all the lovely comments on the last thing! My iPad only let me respond to like two of them. :( sorry bout that. I don't know what's wrong with my iPad. But I just wanted to let you know I saw all of them and I really appreciate you guys! :*

Guess what... I GOT A TURTLE. :D Its a red ear slider. I named it Tiny Tot the second! It won't eat it's food, it digs up every plant, he's too fat to get up on his basking rock, and it tries to get under the rock volcano I have in the tank. -_- And I've only had it for a day. He's on a roll. Lol

Can I have a... GO TEAM TINY TOT!!!!!!!!!🐢

Welp kelp..

+++++++++++++
VOTE
+++++++++++++
COMMENT
+++++++++++++
FOLLOW
+++++++++++++

<333

-Go4girl