Aquaris 29

I swayed in the water, overcome with shock I had never felt before. So many emotions passing through me one after the other; first confusion, then fear, anger, next longing and grief followed by the pain of what seemed like the worst betrayal ever imagined.
"I... I thought you were dead!" The words stumbled through my lips.
"I know." His face does not reveal regret or an apology, but instead is masked with something unreadable.
"Why!?" The anger is starting to make its way back around to me.
My father rolled his eyes and sighed. "Story time Aquema. Make yourself comfortable."
I didn't move.
Pursing his lips, he started explaining. "I've always been a merman. That's what made your mother fall in love with me. I'm different from others though. I am very powerful. Therefore I can change to legs anytime I feel like it. That is why you never saw me with a big fish tail. Anyway, we had you obviously. The day before the divorce, your mother overheard my plans to rid of you for good. I had heard of all the prophecies and I knew that you would be the one they spoke of. So I had to kill you to make sure you never got the chance. But of course that woman ruined it. She always pretended to be mean to you to make sure you would always do exactly as she said in fear. So if I came near, she would order you away from me and you listened. Stupid woman."
I felt regret and agony at this information. I had only ever taken my mom's harshness as a sign that she hated me. I hated her right back for it. If only I had known... I never told her I love her...
"She ran off with you. Somewhere where she could find protection for you. You never knew this because you were so idiotically oblivious, but there was a merman with power much like mine guarding you for years. He hid from you, but never gave a chance for me to get to you. That is why I faked the death. Your mom never fell for it, but you did. I knew for a fact she would never tell you about my goal, so I figured if I went seeming as the victim instead of the bad guy, daddy's little girl would always run straight back to me. And oh right, you have."
His sly smirk sickened me. "After few years, your mother let the merman back off a bit. She thought you were relatively safe now. Of course you still tried to stay as far away from her as possible emotionally. No matter if she reached out, you were already too far gone. She had lost you. So I snatched you. Well I disguised as a high positioned prophecy holder merman and sent your precious Axarion to find you. He had no clue he was actually helping me. I originally had planned on killing you when you were in Axarion's distant home outside of the kingdom, but y'all escaped. Seeing as I wasn't in any rush, I let you reside in the kingdom for a while. Some mer people who have submitted to my rule kept an eye on you. Like Lankris; which I'm sure you've figured out by now. But you once again inconvenienced me by escaping the mer who was ordered to kill you. It was actually very nice of you to stumble upon Lankris at a bad time. That one wasn't even planned. Thank you for that by the way."
I swear my life is just a rush of thoughts being spiraled through my head. So much new information, so much pain, so much drama. It's like a never ending soap opera, minus most of the gushy stuff, but plenty of the drama.
"And do you know the best part of all of this? All you really did is postpone your death."
He drew his sword. "Hello Aquema. I'm Aquaris and I'm your father."
____________________________________________________________
A/N
Hey guys I know this is a really short chapter, but don't worry I am working on another one right now that should be up soon. I just wanted to get at least a little something up for y'all. I've been really busy lately and I know it has been a really long time. Thank you for hanging with me! I haven't forgotten y'all!