Aquaris 12

"Wow." That's all I could say. And I was no longer starring at the weapons, but at Axarion. Dang. For some reason he looks extra hot right now..

Ew. Stop.

"Haha it's a lot to take in, huh?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, I think you'll like this next bit of information. Since Quesia is an experienced fighter, she can teach you and be your trainer. Is that alright, Quesia?"

"What? Me?" She squeaked out, surprised. "But I- but she's- how-...... Yes."

"Haha ok. Thank you. I will check in every few days during training to see how it's going. Good luck y'all!"

He smiled and swam out the door leaving us in the scary murder room.

"Oh my clams! He actually asked for me to teach you! I feel so honored!"

"Oh Quesia. Your just too much. Haha. Anyway, where do we start with all these... 'Chop off my own head' things?"

"Well, first of all, hopefully that doesn't happen. Second, right this way please."

She motioned forward to the left end of the first wall.

She held up a round metal shield, decorated with different colors and metal patterns. I noticed this whole wall was filled with shields.

"This is a shield. It is your most important weapon you could ever have. If you ever have to decide between a sword weapon, or a shield, take the shield. Defending is more important than attacking. And you have higher chances of living with it."

I was sure to take note of that in my mind. I'm going to have this all memorized so I can recite it in my sleep.

She move on to another wall. Covered in metal suit things.

"This is armor. There's many different kinds of it. Such as the chest plates, helmets, tail plates, and arm guards. It serves the same purpose as the shield, but not as good. It's sort of just for extra protection. And we usually only use chest plates and arm guards. Everything else slows us down and keeps us from being as flexible."

Ok. I got this. Extra protection, not as necessary as the shield.

"Now on this wall, we have the sharp weapons. They are used for attacking. We have everything you can think of here. Swords, spears, daggers, crossbows, clubs, and maces."

I recognized everything she listed, even the mace, a metal spike ball on a chain, attacked to the end of a club. It looks painful.

"And over here, this is the last wall, you see the powers."

The wall was engraved and painted with different mermaids doing different things, with different reactions.

"You see, each row has one mermaid, different on each row because of its level. Down on the bottom row, are the common mermaids. The second row, are the skilled. Which are mermaids that have been born with the granted talent of fighting. The third row, is the scroll keeper. When he is appointed as scroll keeper, he gains better powers. And the fourth, the royals. Mer's that are either king, have been king, will be king, or the close relatives of a king. And up top, it's you. The one who's hands are filled with destiny."

It kind of does look like me! Wow.. This is so awesome. The very first picture of me is one where I am holding my hands out to each other, creating a blue glow.

"The powers are better, stronger, and more plentiful each level up. The commons have one small power, the skilled have two, the scroll keeper has three, the royals have five. And you, the destined, have ten powers. The strongest of all. And every power that ever existed. They can crush all the other mer's powers without effort. The only thing is..."

She turned and looked me directly in the eyes. "To learn how to use them, and how to control them."

This is going to be harder than I thought....

"Ok. I can do this."

That's was more to reassure myself...

"Now this, is what we practice on." Quesia pointed to the center of the room.

Right there was a orangey, lumpy, hard but squishy looking thing.

It looks like a giant pineapple...

"It's a sponge, coral thing. Haha I don't even know what it is."

On land, they would probably put this thing in an alien testing center. Or maybe for food... I wonder if it tastes good...

"Anyway, that's all. Now what do you want to do? Wanna stalk Darlis?"

Wait. What?

Is that it? She just showed me the weapons and powers. And the pineapple. How on earth am I supposed to be able to learn to fight and save everyone when she doesn't teach me?

"But... Aren't we supposed to train?"

"Yeah. That's all the training for now. It was a lot of information. And you need to remember it all, so today's training is over."

"How will I know how to fight by the time the Delomcis attack? We need to train hard! I don't know how to do anything if they attack soon!"

"Aquema. Relax. This is just what I'm trying to avoid. I don't want you to be overwhelmed. The Delomcis won't attack until they are at least ten times multiplied and stronger. Fighting is what I do Aquema. And I'm very good at what I do. Trust me on this one. We will get to the fighting when the time is right. Ok?"

Her serious look helped me relax and believe her. I mean, she has been doing this for forever. She knows what she's doing.

"Ok. Thanks by the way." I smiled at her, so glad I found a best friend down here.

"No problem girl. I'm actually very honored to be the one training you." She smiled back.

We swam out of the training hall. The kingdom' s walls towering above us. The blue marble more vibrant than ever. A giant gold starfish design covered an entire hall. There is one design of some ocean creature in every hall. It's so beautiful...

Quesia pipped up. She looks a little... Uncomfortable? "Ok, so, um... I need your help Aquema?"

"Certainly! What do you need me to do?"

"Well... I've been thinking about what you said about Darlis... And I was wondering if maybe, you could help me... Like, maybe get him to like me or something?"

"YAY!!!!!! Yes! Yes! Yes! Of course I'll help you!"

"Great! Thanks!" She started to loose her uncomfortable look, now replaced with relief. "Where should we start?"

"Well, stalking him of course."

"Wait. What? Are you foreal?"

"You bet!"

"But-!"

"No buts! Come on let's go find him!"

I surged off leaving a trail of bubbles floating through the water. This is so perfect. She wants me to get him to like her, but he already does like her. I just know it. They will make such a cute couple.

"Aquema! Wait!"

Quesia swam after me, trying to keep up.

No way am I slowing down. I grin to myself. This way, she has to come and before she knows it, we will be around Darlis. And she also doesn't have time to worry this way.

Almost thereeeeeeee..... Keep coming Quesia....

"Aquema!"

I jerk to a stop around the side of one of the merhouses.

"Shhhh!" I hush Quesia, motioning in front of us.

Standing with his back to us across the street, is Darlis, talking to one of his friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAI :D

I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so SORRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I didn't update sooner. :////// my grandma had me working the. Entire. Flippin. Time. From Friday night, to Sunday evening. I am so tired. I even skipped some of school today because I'm so tired.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I hope you know I appreciate and love all of you, my little awesome fish people!!!!

Yo..

FOLLOW

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

<<3333333333

-Go4girl