Aquaris 20

Two days later, I'm sitting in the deepest room in the kingdom. The howls and screams of the Delomcios outside the city were faded. I am sat on a table across from Axarion, with Quesia on my right. It's quite silent, no words are passing between us. The air is too tense with the possibility of the Delomcios attacking.

I just stare at the wall, with no emotion.

Around five minutes later, Axarion swims to the door. "I'm going to go check out how things are going."

I nod in acknowledgment and he slips out the door.

Immediately, Quesia turns to me, surprising me. "Come on Aquema! Make a move!"

I look up at her, confused. "What?"

"Oh reaaaally Aquema. You are in the perfect place. It's just me, you, and him. The main point being, you, and him. Make a move! I know you like him."

"Quesia! I can't do that! He's a king! And... I can't... I can't like him.. I've got to train, and practice, and focus on that! I don't have time for that kind of thing.." I try to convince myself as well as Quesia.

"You know that's not true. Your just making excuses. You know, there are more things than training. It shouldn't take up all of your time. Whether you like it or not, you still get a life in the midst of all this."

"....Well what about you and Darlis? I don't see you making a move on him."

Quesia suddenly got uncomfortable. "But... That's different.."

"No it's not, Quesia."

"Well... Ugh. Fine. I'll make a move on Darlis, when you make a move on Axarion. Deal?"

I thought about this for a moment. It seems like a pretty fair deal. So I stuck my hand out to shake with hers. "Deal."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I woke up with my head resting on Quesia's tail. I groan as I stretch my cramped muscles.

Quietly, I poke Quesia in the face. "Quesiaaa." I sung softly. "Wake uuup."

"Shuft uwp." She mumbled out. I couldn't even understand her.

I poked her once more.

"Mmmm! Gew awey."

"Quesia!" I poked her harder, and she sprung up.

"WHAT!?!?!" She screamed with wide eyes, alarmed.

Though I wanted to laugh at this hysterical sight, I decided to calm her down so she wouldn't have a heart attack. "It's ok! Hahaha you were sleeping too long and I was getting bored."

She stuck out her lip in a cute little pout. "So you woke me up?"

"Yesh. Yesh I did." I said, pulling the baby voice.

"Ooh whatever. Well now that I'm awake, what do you say we head out to the shell cream for some morning sweets?"

I jumped up and down in excitement. "Um, YES!!!"

"Ok! Ok! Calm down silly." She chuckled as we began the swim out of the kingdom.

We reached the marvelous restaurant quickly, and swam right in the door. The same lady who served us before was behind the counter. She greeted us with a warm smile.

"Hello. How may I help you today ladies?"

I went straight ahead to ordering, my mouth already watering. "I'll have exactly what I got last time please!"

"Will do!"She nodded and began scooping up the shell cream. "And for you?" She asked Quesia after she handed me my shell cream.

Quesia glanced around thoughtfully and decided on several flavors I haven't heard of yet.

We sat down at our usual table and dug in.

I closed my eyes and let out my breath as I savored my first lick.

When I opened my eyes, I see Quesia laughing at me. "What?"

She cackles and manages to reply. "You look so funny like that!"

"Heyyy. Haha well you've got to admit, it is sooooo good!"

She nodded. "Yes I must agree with you on that."

We continued to eat and talk. After we finished, we tossed our shell cones, thanked the lady behind the counter, and swam out.

"Well, what do you want to do now?" Quesia asked me.

"Hmmm.... I know! Wait, where does Darlis live?"

She got a uncertain look on her face. "Oh... Please no Aquema."

"Yesss. Quesia tell me where he lives."

"But, why?.."

"We're gonna go find him. Don't worry, we aren't going to let him see us. We are just going to see him."

"Soo... We're gonna stalk him?" She raised an eyebrow.

"In a way. Haha but, hey, we're girls. That's what we do best!" I stuck my tongue out at her jokingly.

She chuckled. "Alright. Follow me!"

She sped off between rows of houses. I followed right beside her.

Soon she stopped and put her finger over her mouth, signaling to be quiet. Then she pointed just ahead to a dark green rock house. It looked naturally stained with the color, just like all the other houses in the city.

This must be Darlis's house.

We are approaching from the side of the house, out of the sight of any people passing along the front street. A window is right on the side of his house, perfect for us to look right in..

We sneak up and take a peek.

Inside, I see faded green walls, a brighter green couch like thing, along with a table. Green plants in brown pots are placed creatively around the room. It appears like a rather nice room. But Darlis isn't in it.

I turn to Quesia. "Where do you supposed he is?"

"I'm not quite sure. He might just be in another room." She whispered back.

"Hmmm..." I glance back up right in time to see him walk into the green room.

I hear Quesia take in her breath beside me.

Darlis swims around the room. He seems to be fixing things and straightening them up.. But it's not hard to tell he's doing it half heartily. I wonder why..

He swims back out of the room. But within seconds is coming right back in.

But he's not alone.

Clinging to his arm, as they move to the couch, kissing intently, is a girl.

She is blonde with hair cut in nice layers. Her tail is bright red. But there's something different about it than the rest of the mer's tails I have seen. Her nails are long and red. The girl's facial features seem quite pretty.

All together, she looks absolutely perfect.

They are still kissing on the couch, really getting into it.

After a few minutes, Darlis says something. Then the girl gets up and leaves with a quick goodbye.

She passed close by the window to exit the door. I was able to get a closer look at her here. Her hair is straggly and the layers look weird, like some two year old snipped her hair at random. Her nails are obviously fake, and her tail has some sort of paint on it. The girl's face is plastered with makeup. It looks rather horrible. The beautiful image I had of her only seconds before, are replaced with a completely fake, unattractive girl. And most likely, her personality is five times worse.

I would hate to get mixed up in an argument with her...

Quesia tore herself away from the window quickly. I spun around as I saw her swimming back the way we came. I swam after her as fast as I could. Without being able to catch up, is called out to her. "Quesia! Quesia wait!"

She spun around, tears in her eyes. "Why did we have to go there!? I should've known what to expect!"

"I'm sorry Quesia! I didn't know!"

She softens her voice. "I know. I'm sorry."

I swim up to her and hug her. "No, I'm the one who should be sorry. I need to mind my own business and stop pressing."

She just hugged me back, and sobbed in my shoulder.

"Quesia, who was that girl?"I asked very carefully.

She pulled away so she could talk. "That was Fradjas."

"Really?!?!" I'm completely shocked.

"Yeah." She looks down. "She's gorgeous, isn't she?"

Is she crazy!? "No! Quesia she is the ugliest, most fake most unattractive person I have ever seen!"

Quesia looks up, surprised by my response. "You really think so..? Your not just saying that?"

I laughed. "Quesia I would lie to you. She has nothing on you. She is horrible."

"Well he loves her..."

"You call that love? Did you see the crappy job he did cleaning up? And how he got rid of her so quickly?"

"But..."

"But nothing! Don't worry Quesia. He will soon realize you are what he wants. Not Fradjas."

She gives me a big smile. "I hope so."

We both squeal and hug each other once again.

Darlis will see he really wants Quesia.

I promise myself to do whatever I can for my two great friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAYO! C:

I hope this is a longer update.. I don't know. Hehe

Well I'm supper busy with school and crabby stuff like that.

And I want to give you a heads up that I will be reading my story so I can remember what has already happened. Mwhehehe my silly little fish brain can't even remember what I have written!

So it might take me a few days longer to update. :( sorry bout that. But I really want to keep things aligned in this story.

Welllo jelllo..

C ^ V ^ F
O ^ O ^ O
M ^ T ^ L
M ^ E ^ L
E ^ ^ O
N ^ ^ W
T ^ ^

LUV YAAAAAAWL <33333

-Go4girl