The New Class

They'd all crashed into one another, just as the Star had run out. And just as it ran out, so did Iggy's energy.

"This is the second time you've come in here this week. Don't you know how to take breaks from the bad doing? And what surprises me the most is that Iggy is in here. What could a student like you have thought when this all was occurring?" Principal Kennedy asked.

"I...uhh...I....uhh......I....uhh..." Iggy stuttered, slowly beginning to sink in his seat. "He drank coffee this morning." Roy muttered. "Ya see, he gets really hyperactive when he drinks stuff with energy." Larry explained.

"That's no excuse." Principal Kennedy stated, slamming his fists onto his table. "Well yes it is! Besides, it was an accident!" Motley stated. "Well for all the tables you flipped, you'll be doing community service. This does not concern Roy and Larry." The principal stated glancing over at Roy and Larry.

"Community service?!" Iggy, Lemmy, and Motley cried in unison. The Principal nodded. "Three hundred and sixty hours." He replied. "How long is that?!" Motley questioned. "Fifteen days. And you'll have to do so during school, and in the afternoon" Principal Kennedy explained.

"What?! I can't come in the afternoons! I have somewhere to go at that time!" Lemmy explained. "You do? Well I suppose you'll have to pick some other day to go." Principal Kennedy stated.

"I can't do that! Isn't there some other time I can come and make that up?" Lemmy asked. "The only other option is coming earlier in the morning." Principal Kennedy answered. Lemmy sighed before nodding.

"I'll do it." He stated. "Well if he's gonna be here all alone, then I'm coming too!" Iggy said. "Count me in!" Motley added. The Principal glanced at the three and nodded. "So you'll be here on time, EVERY morning?" He asked. They nodded. "Alright. You're all dismissed." The Principal stated.

"I never once thought I'd end up doing what the bad kids did." Lemmy mumbled, as he exited the office. "Sorry I got ya in trouble....if it weren't for my crazy ideas we'd never have to get up so early..." Iggy mumbled.

"Guys! It's alright! Besides, didn't we have fun? I mean you can't tell me using the Star wasn't a good idea!" Motley stated. "Yeah, that was fun.." Lemmy said, remembering earlier events.

*****

That afternoon, they'd all taken the bus home.

"You got community service too?! Well tough luck. At least you'll be doing it in the mornings." Ludwig stated. "Well yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that it'll be horrifying." Iggy mumbled.

Soon they'd arrived at the castle, and Lemmy had rushed to get in. "What's all the rush about?" Larry questioned. "Apprentice!" Lemmy blurted out, running in. Larry sent him an odd look.

"Ludwig, I'm going to need your help" Iggy stated. "With?" Ludwig asked, raising an eyebrow.

****

Lemmy had rushed out his room wearing his Magikoopa outfit, and ran to Kamek's door, before knocking on it. The door then opened and Kamek appeared in sight.

"You're a few seconds early, but I suppose I can let you in." Kamek stated moving aside. Lemmy walked in, and looked around.

The room had been changed up to appear like that of a classroom. Two desks were set up, and a large table was put up in the front of the room. The table was filled with chemicals of all sorts and two small wands. There also seemed to be a shelf holding old magic spell books.

Lemmy curiously glanced at the second desk, wondering who's it could be. He then walked to the desk to the right of it, and sat down.

"So...umm...Mr.Kamek?" Lemmy mumbled. Kamek glanced at him curiously. "Mr? I'm not married, minor. You can refer to me as sir, and nothing else. Understood?" Kamek asked.

"Umm...Of course. Sir." Lemmy stated. 'Minor? So...I suppose that's the way I'll be addressed....' Lemmy thought.

"So...uhh...sir....who's sitting here?" Lemmy asked, pointing at the seat next to him. "Wait and you'll see" Kamek stated, writing some things down on the chalk board. The door then creaked.

"Sorry I'm late...sir" A voice whispered. "Actually, you're right on time. Come in and take a seat." Kamek stated. The door then opened completely.

Through the door, someone wearing a purple robe was visible. They seemed to be only a few inches taller than Lemmy. Their glasses were outlined in purple, and a white mask could be seen beneath them, covering their face. Light brown curly wavy hear could be seen coming out from the hoodie.

They glanced at Lemmy curiously, before taking the desk next to him.

"Alright. Since you two are new here, I shall do some introducing. I am Kamek, your assigned teacher apparently. I will be teaching the standards of magic...by the end of six months, you two should be experts." Kamek explained.

"S-six months?" Lemmy stuttered. "Is there a problem with said statement?" Kamek asked, his frown returning. "Not! Not at all....sir! It's perfectly fine!" Lemmy answered nervously, while sinking into his seat.

"Now that I've introduced myself....it's your turn." Kamek stated, glancing toward him. "M-my turn?" Lemmy mumbled. Kamek nodded.

"Well...I..I...uhh....I came to become an experienced wand wielder! And by that I mean to become greater in magic!" Lemmy stated. Kamek sent him a slightly odd look, before slowly nodding. 'Please don't ask for my name' Lemmy thought nervously.

Kamek then glanced at the other student. "You may begin" Kamek stated. "Well, I'm here to become a greater "wand wielder" as well. I'm here to see how well you can teach me and if I am able to progress from where I lie. Oh, and I am Lilac." The student said in a whisper, while giggling slightly.

"Good. Now, inside your desks you may have noticed a book. Open it and look through it for a bit, then I'll explain it's uses." Kamek stated, waving his scepter and making the desks open.

Lemmy took the book out, and glanced through the pages. Some of the spells seemed familiar to him, as he'd done them before, but some were completely new, and never before seen.

As he glanced down, he'd notice his glasses slipping, before quickly pushing them back up. 'I wonder if Iggy always has to push his glasses up..' He thought. The door then slammed open breaking his thoughts.

"Kamek! My dad needs your help!" Junior stated. "But...I am busy..." Kamek mumbled. "He said he needs your help! NOW!" Junior shouted. Kamek growled, before glancing at his students, and flying out.

"Who're you weirdos?" Junior asked, walking towards the desks. He then turned his head to Lemmy. "Ya know...you look familiar. Like too familiar. It's odd, 'cause you look almost exactly like him." Junior stated.

Lemmy stayed quiet, hoping not to gain too much attention. "Do I know you? I swear, I've seen you somewhere! But...where?" Junior mumbled to himself.

He then snapped his fingers. "I know!" Junior stated. He then reached for Lemmy's glasses, and took them right off his face.

"Ah!" Lemmy shouted, hiding under his hood. "Lemmy?" Junior asked, recognizing him.

"You're a Koopaling?" Lilac asked. "Can you please hand me back those glasses? I can't let Kamek see me without them!" Lemmy mumbled. Junior slowly handed them back.

"Why are you in here?" Junior asked. "Because I want to know a different side of Kamek! Ya know, one that isn't always quiet and mysterious!" Lemmy explained, putting the glasses on his face again. "Well...uhh...good luck with that. I have to get going, dad's working on some new plans." Junior stated.

Lemmy nodded, and watched as he exited the room. "So...that's why you've been acting strange. You don't want Kamek to find out your true identity? But why?" Lilac asked in a whisper. "Because then he won't want to talk to me!" Lemmy explained.

"But...why?" Lilac questioned. "Well...I dunno...he's not allowed to speak too much to me and my siblings...I don't know why, but Ki-Bowser made it a rule for him to follow." Lemmy explained.

He then glanced up, and studied her face, realizing she was a Shy Guy. "Are you even allowed to take this class?" Lemmy asked, tilting his head to the side. "Umm...not exactly..." She mumbled, looking down.

"How'd you trick Kamek?" Lemmy asked. She grinned and tapped the glasses over her face.