Back To The Castle

He looked up and noticed a pink Birdo sitting across from him. She wore a large red bow, had purple spots on her cheek, she had purple eyeshadow over her eyes, and long, thin, eyelashes.

He quickly put the newspaper back up to his face. "Aren't you one of the Koopalings?" She asked, gently. "Who's asking?!" He questioned.

"Well...umm...Me?" The Birdo answered, unsurely. "Well uhh...Yeah! Who're you?!" He asked. "I am...well, Birdo...you know? Isn't it obvious?" She asked. He slowly nodded.

"Why are we having this conversation again?" Lemmy asked, not putting his newspaper down from his face. "Because you sat at my table...I wasn't quite expecting you here.." She answered. "Well...I-Nevermind that! Just...let's get outta here!" Lemmy whispered.

"What? Why?" Birdo asked. "Because...Well, first...promise that if I tell you what I'm about to tell you...you won't change your opinion about me, or judge me or anything." Lemmy whispered.

Birdo nodded, then lifted up her pinky, and they made a promise. "Well... I accidentally set a room on fire." Lemmy stated. "You what?! Let's get outta here!" Birdo exclaimed. She quickly stood up.

"Do you have mind reading powers?! That's exactly what I was thinking!" Lemmy stated. Birdo rolled her eyes playfully, before grabbing her purse, and signaling the exit.

"Let's go" She stated. He quickly followed, and soon they could see firefighters come and try to put the fire out.

"Ahh! Hide me!" Lemmy stated, before hiding behind her. "Why? What's wrong?" Birdo asked. "If these guys see me, they'll surely think it's me who did it, and they'll send me to jail!" Lemmy cried.

"Now, I won't let that happen. Just...keep calm, and they won't notice." Birdo advised. "Well...if you say so.." Lemmy mumbled. They began to leave casually, and soon they were far from the hotel.

"Whew! Thanks!" Lemmy thanked her. "You're very welcome." Birdo answered. "So...you live in this city?" Lemmy asked. "Yes...don't you think the lights at night are lovely?" She asked.

"Yeah! The whole city lightens up! And then it looks awesome!" Lemmy exclaimed. Birdo nodded in agreement.

"So, what're you doing in the city? Don't you live in Bowser's castle?" Birdo asked. "Well...ok, first let's go to a park, there I'll explain my story." Lemmy stated.

Birdo nodded, and led him to the nearest park, there they sat at a bench. "Alright, go on." Birdo stated.

"Ok, so....my siblings and I used to live in the castle...but then one day, Bowser decided to send us to school, and then we kept leaving it, and Bowser got tired, and punished us, and said mean stuff, and then my siblings went to the limits of running away, and when we got back, we were punished again, and my siblings started complaining again..." Lemmy then paused. Birdo seemed a bit surprised and shocked.

"And then Bowser got mad, and my siblings said stuff they shouldn't, and then we all got kicked out, but I stayed at the castle. I slept in the attic, and continued going to school, all with Bowser being unaware. Then I got caught, and sent flying from the castle to here..." Lemmy paused once more, watching Birdo's reactions.

"And now all I want is for my family to be together! And I don't want the people at school to hate me, or judge me, and I want things to be like they used to!" Lemmy cried, creating a fountain of tears, and beginning to sob unstoppably.

Birdo seemed to have a mixture of emotions, before spreading her arms, and hugging him. After a while, they let go, and Lemmy stopped "sweating from his eyes".

"Sometimes what you need, is a hug and a shoulder to cry on." Birdo explained. "You mean the sweat from my eyes?" Lemmy asked, before rubbing his eyes, and getting the tears off of them.

"You mean tears?" Birdo asked. Lemmy sighed, and sniffed. "I call it sweat.." He stated. She nodded.

"Perhaps, there's a way for things to return to normal. With time it'll come. You just need to wait." Birdo advised. Lemmy then thought for a second.

"Hey, umm..can you take me to the Mushroom Kingdom?" He asked. "Sure." She replied. Soon enough the two rode a pink convertible all the way to the Mushroom Kingdom, and to Peach's Castle.

"Thanks! I'll be right back! Don't leave!" Lemmy said, before getting off, and running to the castle. He then knocked on the doors.

"Lemmy?!" Peach screamed, as she opened the door. "Don't freak out! I'm not here to attack you! I just want to speak with Mario!" Lemmy stated. Peach then looked confused. "Mario! Someone wants to speak with you!" Peach called.

"Come on in, I'm serving tea." She stated, while walking forth. Lemmy then followed, and glanced around the castle.

The castle was large, pink, and was very luxurious. It also seemed to contain much more furniture than Bowser's castle did. "Y-you trust me enough to let me into your castle?" Lemmy asked.

Peach nodded, as she sat down on a pink couch. "Why, of course. Compared to your siblings, and Bowser, you're much of a gentleman if I do say so myself." Peach stated, while sipping a cup of tea.

Lemmy blushed slightly. "Aww, shucks...thanks.." Lemmy said. "Who needs to speak with me? And....Lemmy?!" Mario cried, being shocked by his appearance.

"Mario! I need your help! I need you to defeat my siblings, and put them back where they came from! Literally! They're causing a lot of havoc in the Mushroom City!" Lemmy explained.

"You want me to defeat your siblings?" Mario questioned, looking confused and taken aback. "Yes! I don't have time to explain! Just do it!" Lemmy stated. Mario then glanced at Peach, who shrugged.

"Alright, ahem...Let's a go!" Mario said, before jumping and heading for the door. "Oh, and one more thing, don't tell them it was me!" Lemmy said. "Okey dokey!" Mario replied, while heading out.

"Something the matter, Lemmy?" Peach asked. "No, I just want my siblings and Bowser to get back together and to stop arguing, but I don't think they'll ever get to that point..." Lemmy explained. "I sure wish things looked better for you.." Peach said, looking down and placing her hands on her lap.

Lemmy nodded, before hopping off the couch. "Well, I gotta go! I can't leave Birdo waiting! Besides, I got to see it all!" Lemmy exclaimed, while heading toward the door. "Birdo?" Peach asked.

Lemmy nodded. "She's the one who brought me here! See ya princess!" Lemmy waved, before walking out the castle, and jumping into Birdo's car.

"Hey, I saw Mario running out a few seconds ago, mind telling me what happened?" She asked. "Sure! Just get the car going! We'll miss it if we don't hurry!" Lemmy stated. Birdo then started up the car.

"Miss what exactly?" She asked. "Mario's gonna defeat my siblings!" Lemmy explained. "Isn't that bad?" Birdo questioned. "Well, yes! But it's for their own good!" Lemmy replied. The two soon made it to the city, where Mario had started to defeat the rest of the Koopalings.

"He's doing it!" Lemmy cried, while making some popcorn appear with his wand. Birdo nodded.

After a while, the battles were finished and The Koopalings were defeated. Lemmy then jumped out the car, and headed for them. "Will we see each other again?" Birdo asked.

"Of course!" Lemmy replied, while reaching his siblings, and hopping onto the Koopa Clown Car.

"Hey! How come you didn't get hit?" Morton asked. "Not important! Where are you guys headed?" Lemmy asked. They sighed. "To Bowser's castle" They replied. Lemmy felt a small bit of happiness in him.