So Much For Art

Lemmy's POV...

There's the door. The door to freedom. And...the hallway. But down the hallway, and around the corner, there are two more doors. Those doors lead to outside. And from there, home is only a few minutes away.

I look back to the front of the class, and I notice Ms.Ruby teaching. She's a nice lady, she's got a nice smile, and she cares for her students. Sadly, she doesn't always get the same respect from them.

I use to think my siblings were disrespectful, and naughty, but honestly... When I see these kids, I wonder how they aren't villains yet. They're just that bad.

Then again, they get scared of things that are bigger than them. Maybe that's why. I get scared sometimes too, but when you live with someone as mean, scary, and as giant as Bowser, big things don't seem so scary anymore. They seem meaningless.

But of course, when Bowser gets angry, you suddenly remember why you ever feared him. I'm a bit used to his anger, probably because I'm always getting in trouble with I-....Iggy... Well... I use to.

I sigh. I hate acting like it's all alright. I know very well, that... it's not. People say time heals wounds. But they don't know what it's like until it happens to them.

I'm usually happy, and in a good mood, but there are times where you must be serious, and bad stuff happens. I hate those times. But who doesn't?

I suddenly hear a loud clasp, and jump out my seat, I scream. Then I hear a glass shatter. Is my voice really that high?

"Lemmy!" I hear someone call my name. I take a glance around, slightly startled, then I see Sylvia and Emily in front of me. "Huh? Sylvia? Emily?" I ask, a bit confused.

I then see them uncover their ears. "Man, your scream is higher than mine" I hear Sylvia say, Emily nods. "Oh...sorry...what do y'all need?" I ask, a bit startled.

"It's time for lunch, silly." Sylvia states. I glance at the clock and then at the room. It's quite empty. I nod, and after a while, we all walk down the hall, making our way to the cafeteria.

The place is filled with all types of kids. Big, small, short, tall, I find myself a bit lost. Then I feel a tap on my shoulder, I turn and see Melissa. How'd she find me?

"Hey" She greets. I wave at her, but as I do, Sylvia and Emily glare down at me. "You're friends with her?" Emily asks. "Don't you know that she's one of the school's bullies? She treats us like garbage!" Sylvia exclaims.

I look over at Melissa, who's now frowning at them. "You're friends with them? Oh I don't care. I'm not here for them. I'm here for you." She states. For me? I wonder....

I then feel myself getting picked up. I look again and Melissa's taken me from them. Well this is quite embarrassing. I never imagined myself being picked up by a girl...or anybody in general. But here I am, being carried like a captured princess.

We reach the lunch line, and she puts me down. I feel my cheeks burning, and cover my face.

"You shouldn't be embarrassed. I've picked up tons of boys." She tells me with a grin. I decide not to question her. I look back, and see Sylvia and Emily trying to get through the line to reach me, but it's a bit too crowded for that.

After getting food, we find a table, and sit at it. I take a glance around, then notice some larger koopa heading for our table. He's got fiery red hair, and a red shell with sharp spikes. He's also much bigger than me and Melissa, like around the size of Morton or Roy...

He looks familiar. Like I've seen him somewhere... But I just can't put my claw on it. I watch him approach us, he then takes some other koopa's chair, and when they try to protest, he gives them a death glare.