Chapter 8: Three Weeks

A/N: IM BACK!!!! It's been almost a month, but I think I'm ready to pick back up again! So sorry for the wait, but I could've used it; I've been going through a lot, but everything's slowly, but surely starting to straighten out! So with that, enjoy!!!!

*~! Krystal's POV !~*

Three weeks. For three weeks I hid from and dodged Andrew Sterling: the man I love. It was the hardest thing to do because after the shore, he called me at least three times a day. He would come in my room, and I would pretend to be asleep, so he just kissed my forehead and whispered that he loved me, then went to his room. I didn't even bother going into the office anymore in fear of being caught in an elevator together, or anything that required me to see him. Carmen came over almost everyday to try to get me up, but I wouldn't budge. She knew I loved her brother, I told her, but she wanted me to tell him for myself.

At this point, it wasn't a thing of time, it was a thing of pride. I loved Andrew, and I would scream it had I not ran away from him the first time he said it to me. I was beyond embarrassed that I had acted like a silly child, and couldn't face him. It hurt not to be able to feel his touch, or feel his lips, and the worst part was simply not talking to him. I missed his laugh, and him making me laugh. Our relationship was just pure fun and bliss, and I missed it every second I wasn't with him.

"Get up," Carmen bursted through my door. Usually, she would just come in, and check on me, and tell me how much Drew missed me. But I couldn't face him; I was the girl he'd always dreamt of, and I broke his heart.

"What?" I sat down my tub of ice cream, I had also done my share of binging during those three weeks, but spent a lot of my time at the gym to distract me, so both forms of my coping canceled out.

"Get up. I can't take it anymore. You're my best friend and all Krys, but I cannot stand to see my brother heartbroken when y'all can just talk. I also can't stand to see you eat like that, and throw yourself a pity party. Nope. Get ya ass up, and get in that shower," she commanded. I stared at her, trying to figure if she was really serious. "Get up! I swear, I will wash your ass my damn self if I have to!"

"Okay, okay. But can we just calm down with the cursing?" I grumbled as I walked to the bathroom.

"Ugh, you even sound like him," she scoffed. I couldn't help but fix my mouth to ask the next question. It had been burning me to know since Drew didn't come home for the past two days.

"Where is he?" I whispered. "He hasn't been here in two days," I blushed.

"He's staying with some of his frat guys, I guess. He doesn't know what to do with himself anymore. Hurry up!" She screamed, throwing me a towel and washcloth.

My heart pounded as I looked in the mirror, and bit my lip. I decided to throw my hair in a bun, leaving a few straggling pieces because Drew liked it that way. Carmen made me wear a short black and white dress that hugged my hips, and of course I wasn't going anywhere without my red pumps. Those were Drew's kryptonite, so I made it a point to bring them along.

"Are you sure he'll like it?" I second-guessed for about the twelfth time.

"He'll love it. As long as he gets to see you, and you tell him what you actually feel, he wouldn't care if you showed up in a cardboard box. Come on," she pulled me away from my mirror. It did feel good to know that he missed me as much as I missed him, and that gave me a little confidence.

I drove down the road, not making a sound as we headed to the office. It was an early Monday morning, and Carmen had planned on me surprising him at work. My heartbeat sped up as we etched closer and closer to our destination. I didn't know how the employees would respond to me, but what did I care? I was their boss, and the only thing on my mind was Andrew.