Chapter 6: How're We Doing This?

*~! Andrew's POV !~*

During my run, I was haunted by thoughts of Krystal, and couldn't shake them. My whole purpose of running was to get her outside of my head, and realign my feelings that were way out of order. But when I came home, I found myself wanting her, so I took her. Afterwards, I went to the shower, and cleaned myself up. When I came out, she was sleeping peacefully, so I went to the couch. Only reason I didn't stay was because we only cuddled after passion, and what we did that night was not passion. I just didn't want to upset her, and confuse the both of us all over again.

It had been two days since then, and tonight was the ball. Nicole had called a couple times, and we talked for a little bit before Krystal would groan, telling me it was time to hang up, and she was getting jealous. But when Michael called, I just went ahead and left the house. I couldn't stand him. I had beaten him at everything, but now he had my girl, and I wouldn't have it. For a moment, I had to think if this was me trying to one up him, or if my feelings still lingered. The second I returned back to the house, saw Krys eating ice cream, and couldn't fight the smile, I knew it was still true. I liked her, and I wanted to be with her, but I couldn't rush it.

I was making breakfast, throwing different things into my hash brown casserole, and my mind wandered to whatever the hell we were doing. We hadn't the slightest idea of what to label ourselves, so we left it alone. There wasn't a point in trying to fix anything that wasn't broken. We remained friends, still picking with each other, and going to lunch without any kisses. We decided to leave those alone because they would be the death of us "exploring our options" and we would just consent to a relationship if we continued.

Normally, I would stay as far away from relationships as I could. But with Krystal, I knew in my heart that things would be different, and I would, one way or another, end up with her. I had it set up in my mind, and I wasn't the control freak, she was. That's how I knew she was different: when I began to plan our lives together. Had it been any other girl, I would've just went with it until I ended up bored with her. But Krystal had my heart, and I was slowly but surely falling for her.

"Morning sunshine," I smirked over my shoulder.

"Shit, Andrew! I was trying to scare you," she whined and took a seat.

"There was no use. I heard you as soon as you opened your door," I set down a little casserole in front of her, catching her bright eyes. She looked very gorgeous today, like she does everyday, but I made it a point to tell her today. I sat there, leaning on my elbows as I stared.

"Ugh, what do you want, Sterling?" She hissed.

"Ooh, someone's upset?"

"Hardly. You're not my favorite person right now," she shrugged taking a bite. I leaned back a little cocking my eyebrow.

"What'd I do?" I questioned hesitantly.

"I woke up, sore as hell," she deadpanned.

"That was two days ago, sunshine," I chuckled. She looked at me through her eyelashes, her mouth fighting a smile.

"I'm aware when it was, I just didn't expect to still hurt today. I hate you," she scoffed.

"Even if I have a cappuccino? For you?"

"You don't..." She squinted her eyes, I slowly handed her the cup.

"Oh, but I did," I smirked.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She cupped my face, and planted a sweet kiss on my lips. I was a little taken aback at first, but as soon as i responded, she pulled away. "Shit..."