Chapter Seven: "Don't worry Teo, we'll help!"

*I did not take this photo, I just found it on Pinterest.*

    I was terrified. I was surrounded by diseased, withering trees and grass that were burnt to a crisp. I couldn't move, and I felt like I was drowning. There were large, black creatures that looked like the demon wolf from before coming towards me. What were they? More demons? I couldn't even cry out as they all were growling at me.

    All of the sudden, I saw five animals appear in front of me. A bear, a wolf, a rabbit, a fox, and an owl. The bear was small with pure black fur with large paws, and the wolf was fluffy with a beautiful silver coat. The rabbit was small with long ears and ginger brown fur, and the fox was tall with a large amount of white on its chest. The owl was a Barn Owl that showed off its majestic wings as it hovered over the others.

    The rabbit stood on its hind legs and smiled at me. "Don't worry Teo, we'll help!" he spoke in a sweet and energetic voice, almost like a very young fawn giggling.

    I felt sorry that I couldn't respond, but I didn't understand how he knew me.

    The fox nodded. "Yeah, we'll protect you," she spoke in a gentle, mature tone.

    A demon launched at the bear, and the bear immediately fought back. It roared and swept at the demon with high strength. Other demons also leaped at the other animals. They all fought with ease, none of them having a problem. It took me by surprise when a demon almost attacked me.

    Everything suddenly disappeared. I looked around and saw the spring in front of me, and Milu was laying down next to me. He had his head lifted and was gazing off into the distance. I guess he didn't notice that I was awake. 

    "Milu?" I squeaked out.

    Milu almost jumped when I made a sound. "Oh, Teofilo. You've awoken. Did you dream of anything interesting?"

    "Absolutely." I described the whole dream, and Milu intently listened.

    "Hm...Maybe your dream was showing you how the animals will look. Let's go back to King Seward, and see if any of the cubs are what you had in your dream," Milu said as he got up.

    We both walked back to where we ran into King Seward. I narrowed my eyes and could see the King coming towards us with a few cubs either on his back or walking next to him. He came over and placed the ones on his back on the ground carefully. They all looked about my age but varied in size.

    "These are the cubs I talked about. Here's Rose," he nodded to a small, nervous female, "Hope," an impatient female, "Sammy," a large male, "George," a male that looked almost just like Rose, "and Dave," an exhausted male.

    "They're from two separate mothers. Rose and George are two of Helena's children, and Hope, Sammy, and Dave are Silvia's children," King Seward explained.

    "Why are we here again?" Rose whimpered, obviously confused.

    I looked over all of them. Small...Big paws, none of them. I turned to Milu. "None of them are from my dream," I sighed.

    Milu closed his eyes for a bit, thinking. "King Seward, are there any others?"

    "Well, Helena does have a third cub. His name is Cole. He's injured, so I didn't want to bring him. Do you want me to take you to him?" the King offered.

    "Yes!" Milu immediately responded. 

    He took us to another cave that had plenty of moss on it. Not another cave. I reluctantly went in. The inside was twice as large as the one where we talked to King Seward. I could see a few injured bears scattered about, resting, with healthy bears tending to them. My eye caught a young Black Bear in the far back.

    I gasped. It was the bear from my dream! Big paws, little body!

    "Milu...That's him. The one in the back. The one from my dream!" I whispered to Milu.

    Milu leaned in closer so he could see clearly. "Are you sure? He looks a little weak."

    I frowned. "Yes, I'm sure. King Seward, how was he hurt?"

    "Cole slipped on rocks near a pond and hurt himself. He should get better in a few days," King Seward sighed.

    I nodded and then gasped, "Wait...It makes sense! 'that will light up the night,' His name is Cole! Like c-o-a-l! They can be on fire, and they light up the darkness!"

    Milu thought about it, then looked impressed. "It does make sense. Smart, Teofilo."

    We did find him. The one from the prophecy! We just found the next Guardian. But will it be as easy to locate the rest?