Chapter Ten: "Anyways, you were saying?" she smiled.

*I did not take the photo, I just found it on Flickr (well on Google, and apparently it was on Flickr)*

    "What are we gonna do?" I asked everyone.

    "Well, she obviously isn't going to come," Cole sighed.

    "Wolves are stubborn, so it's unlikely," Milu mentioned.

    "Hey!" Camila snapped.

    "Apologies, Camila," Milu said.

    "Should we even try?" Cole whimpered.

    "I would rather not, Autumn seems aggressive," I nervously said.

    "Teofilo, are you sure she's the wolf from the dream?" Milu asked me.

    "Yes. Guys, you keep asking 'are you sure," and I keep answering yes. If I was unsure, I'd tell you. Okay?" I snapped.

    "Alright. Sorry, Teofilo." Milu narrowed his eyes at me.

    We decided to just look for the fox, and left to go to the Forest of Foxes. It took us a while to get there, but I started to see a few foxes scattered about. It was odd since they didn't even seem to notice us. I hope the fox will want to come... 

    I stopped when a little fox kit trotted up to me.

    "Hewo!" it squeaked, "Who ah you?"

    I had to force myself to hold back giggling. It was so cute and tiny! I lay down so that I would be at his level. "Aw, I'm Teo. Who are you?"

    "I'm Camwon! I'm pwaying hide in seek with my bwothuhs and sistuhs!" They bounced up and down.

     "CAMERON!" I heard a loud cry in the distance. Suddenly, a fox burst out of the bushes, looking very stressed. "What were you thinking?! I told you all not to leave my watch!" she yipped at Cameron, stomping up to him.

    Cameron whimpered and tucked his tail. "But Mommy," he cried, "I was pwaying hide in seek with my littuhmates!"

    "Oh my gosh, no..." the mother exasperated. "Where are the others?" she snapped.

    "I dunno, they ah hiding!" Cameron squeaked.

    The mother growled and picked Cameron up by the scruff. She trotted off, back to where she came from. I noticed that Milu and Cole had left without me, and I panicked. Where could they have gone?! 

    I started to run in the direction we were walking in, and finally found them. They were looking around and I could see that they were relieved when they saw me. Cole ran over, almost barreling into me.

    "We thought you were attacked by foxes!!" he blurted out, and Milu groaned.

    "He thought you were attacked. I thought you just wandered off after seeing something," Milu corrected.

    "Gee, thanks. Let's just look for the fox," I sighed, starting to walk.

    Cole smiled and bounced after me, but I could see that Milu was frowning. Whoops.

~*~*~

    We eventually found the Nursery. We were in a bundle of trees and it was where different dens were scattered, each of them with a mother and a litter. I noticed Cameron and his mother standing outside one of the dens, with four other fox kits around them. It looked like she was scolding them, probably because of the playing Hide and Seek.

    "Teofilo, look around. See if you can find her. The eldest litters are usually outside more often than the newborns," Milu instructed to me.

    I narrowed my eyes, trying to see the fox with the very white, fluffy chest. I spotted four young foxes in the distance, wrestling. Found her. I could make out her figure, being the only one with a white chest like that. We walked over, and the foxes didn't stop playing. I could see a large male watching them.

    "Oh, hello," he said when he saw us. "You're the ones the Queen told us about, aren't you? She said that the Prince and a fawn would be coming."

    Milu nodded and nudged me forward.

    "U-uh, hello sir...I believe your daughter may be a Guardian that was in my dream," I nervously explained.

    The Tod blinked in amazement. "Oh, well, which one? There's three. Angel," he nodded to the one from my dream, who was pinning down her brother, "Anna," one that was a deep red, who had pinned down her sister and was growling, "and Ziya," a small vixen, the one that Anna had pinned down.

    "Angel," I immediately said.

    Angel looked up at me, startled. "What?" she asked, confused. Her brother immediately took advantage and flipped her over.

    "Gotcha, sis," he laughed and smirked.

    "Oh come on, Edgar. That wasn't fair!" Angel growled.

    "Totally was," Edgar said.

    Angel turned her head to look at me. "Anyways, you were saying?" she smiled.

    "Well, uh..." I didn't know where to start, worried she might be like Autumn. Would she be excited like Cole, or get upset like Autumn? Would we even be able to complete the prophecy, or am I doing something wrong?