Chapter Eleven: "Can't trust? Deceitful?! What are you talking about?!"

*Again, I don't own the photo XD*

    I had to think of what to say. What could I say? "You, er, uh...Well, you know what the Guardians are, right?"

    Angel nodded. "Yeah, what about them?"

    "Well — Long story short, I'm a Guardian, you were in my dream, and apparently you're a Guardian too. Cole here's the Bear Guardian, the Wolf Guardian didn't want to come, so I'm hoping you'll want to come."

    Angel narrowed her eyes. "Uh...Why didn't they want to come?" she asked.

    I had to think of what to say, not wanting her to change her mind. "She didn't like the job requirements," I said as I shrugged.

    "What's wrong with it?"

    "She...didn't want to leave...?"

    "You sound unsure. What's wrong with it?"

    I sighed. Fine, I'll have to say it. "She didn't want to leave her family, didn't want the responsibility, and didn't want to be special."

    "I'll have to leave my family?" 

    Oh, great, I messed up. Now, what'll I say? I looked to Milu for help.

    Milu sighed. "Yes, but it's not like you'll be away from your family forever. You'll be able to visit them," he explained.

    Angel frowned. "I'm the oldest, though. I need to stay with them. Maybe I don't want to go...Could I just think about this?" she asked.

    I closed my eyes. "Alright."

   I, Cole, and Milu started to walk off. 

    "Not like we'd be able to trust her. Foxes are deceitful; we'd be better off if she didn't want to come," Milu muttered to himself.

    Angel stopped and growled. "What did you say?" she snapped.

    Milu froze, almost looking scared. I turned around, worried. All five of the foxes looked furious with us.

    Milu relaxed and turned around too. "I'm sure you heard what I said perfectly fine, Angel. I seem to have forgotten a fox's hearing skills."

    "Can't trust? Deceitful?! What are you talking about?!" she barked.

    "Well, obviously what all foxes are. Everyone knows that." Milu frowned, walking up to her.

    Angel looked at her father with a worried expression. "Dad, what is he talking about?" she asked him.

    The Tod looked down and sighed. "Angel, all animals think foxes are sneaky, dangerous liars. We try to prove them wrong, but they instantly assume we're just trying to trick them."

    Anna growled and looked at us. "How dare they. What did we ever do to them?" she snapped.

    "It was all because of a queen we had many years ago," the father started, "Queen Zora and King Ryota were grand leaders for a long time, until the Full Moon Murder. The king was killed in his sleep, but nobody knew what had killed him. Everyone just assumed it was either a demon or a wolf. Following tradition, Zora took full power. Everything changed since then.

    "Queen Zora sent troops to hunt from the rabbit kingdom, which wasn't illegal but was frowned upon. She ordered for there to be no court so that anyone assumed guilty would be killed. Her excuse was 'If they are guilty and the tribunal doesn't prove it, we might have a murderer among us.' Zora kept many secrets away from the other kingdoms, and it was soon discovered that she was the one who had killed King Ryota.

    "The foxes formed an uprising and banished her to the Demon Wasteland. We found out she had taught all of her kits her ways, so we had lost hope for a while. All of the foxes were worried that we would be stuck with corrupted leaders. We were for a while, until a new queen. The current one, in fact. Queen Caoilinn ended up being a sweet, kind leader. We don't know how it'll end up, but now all animals think foxes are untrustworthy like Zora was."

    I was amazed. "Wow, poor foxes...I can't believe animals think of you like that now," I said.

    "I'd never believe that you're untrustworthy!" Cole squeaked, bouncing up and down.

    Angel smiled. "Really? Well then, I think I'll come with you then since you aren't gonna treat me like something I'm not."

    Great, now to just find the owl and the rabbit!